New England weather ... help

Thanks man I appreciate it ! Never to late for information :+1:t2:

1 Like

Bud wash is good stuff, I haven’t looked back or not done one since I 1st tried it last year. I use about 2/3 a bottle to about 3 gallons (half bucket) then just mist off w hose after a minute drip dry with a light shake aka whip like Wild said. @Willd do you notice a faster dry compared to no bud wash.

1 Like

:tada: just checked the ladies … Guess who just started to turn amber … whoop !!! All at the same time … wish me luck !

3 Likes

I just saw what I wrote 10 days ago and guess what - it’s still raining.

1 Like

Still raining… how the ladies holding up ?? I’ve got some half decent weather for the harvest should I trim the fan leaves first before the wash ? Like trim them all up and then dry ? It’s my first time … virgin harvest :joy:

2 Likes

It’s MUCH easier to do a lil trimming of the “big” stuff while she’s still in the ground. Now the dry trim wet trim is a personal preference. I personally do a combination of both I guess you’d call it taking off a good amount leaving a lil to help with an even dry.

2 Likes

Did a bud wash this year for the first time. Don’t think I’ll ever not do it again. The amount of gunk and little bugs in the water was enough to convince me that the bud wash is now part of my official growing system/process lol.

I used water/peroxide in the first bucket, then lemon juice and a bit of baking soda in the next, then clean water in the last.

May be overdoing it, but they seemed to turn out fine in the end.

1 Like

Everyone has their own preference when it comes to harvest, tbh.
You’ll get people swearing by the wet-trim, then others saying that dry-trim is the way to go. Even still, you’ll hear some say that a combo of wet/dry trim is the way to go.

@LoCoRock mentioned they prefer to do both.
I agree with them, as that’s my preferred method as well.
I like to trim the big fan leaves and any branches that would impede airflow…for example, little branches that have nothing more than leaves + little popcorn buds near the base of the plant.

I leave everything else so it still dries evenly and not too much too quickly.

Thanks guys, that’s what I was thinking too… is it safe to take off the big stuff and cut them down tomorrow? Or should I put them in dark for 48 with ice ? Is something else I’ve read so much info here it’s great

1 Like

Oh if you can do 48 hrs of dark I recommend that also, even 24… You’ve been reading haven’t you…lol I’ve never done the ice bath or split a stem. But I do dark for 2 nights harvest in morning.

Hahaha yes a lot of reading… ok cool I’ll put them in the dark today and cut them sat, appreciate all the help

1 Like

Just checked the ladies … I think it’s time fir the final trim and then jar today :tada:… I thought I would give the wedryer a try … so it came I got the small one 4 layers to dry and n but you can really only use 3 of them the fan and filter take up most of the top level … so I use that for the small stuff… this thing works great!! It’s inside and honestly you can barely smell it unless your on top of it … nice if your trying to be covert and limited on space and money … so excited thanks everyone for your input !

1 Like

Hey @LoCoRock I never noticed. We moved last winter, so my setup was different & not as optimal as where we used to live.
I had fans going too much & fluctuating temps when drying the early stuff the wind took down in a storm.
I’m just got around to manicuring the Bruce banner and found a couple of nugs with a trace of rot & tossed them. Wanting to sample it forced me to clean my bowl & I’m glad I did. It’s tasty already & can only improve with curing.

1 Like

Congrats on the harvest … and the clean bowl :tada: curing mine now :blush:

2 Likes

I have question … on my second run tent grow I got a humble pie going … I’m having ph issues it’s high what’s the best way to lower it?

also have pistols coming out on their own … I’m on 18/6 light schedule.

1 Like