New England growers

Hey, are there any New England outdoor growers? Just wondering how are your plants doing this year? Mine are not growing much. I have some 3 footers, and some are only 2 feet tall. Last year they all were much bigger at this time. They were 6 to 7 feet when I harvested them. I dont think that’s happening this year. There isnot that much time left to grow. I was wondering if it’s because of weather, colder nights, too much rain. Anyone else having that problem, or it’s just me? Thanks

1 Like

NJ here. Plants are thriving, 7 feet tall not including the pot, for the 3 that didn’t get trained/topped. If anything we had a lack of rain for a couple of weeks around here in June.

Wow! Awesome! 7’ already? What variety?

Gold Leaf by ILGM. I have them 15 gallon cloth pots, straight Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. They are getting fed Fox Farms nutrient lineup, including bloom boosters and a few other minor ammendments, such as cal mag, silica, and they will be getting some bembe (molasses) here starting in a few weeks :+1:

1 Like

Oh and Recharge…I think the Rechatge has played a major factor in how well they are doing this year…last year at this time they were a foot or 2 shorter than now

1 Like

I think I am going to try that too

Quick view from my deck

7 Likes

We’ve got a good four weeks before flowering is gonna really kick in. That’s a while for an established plant to beef up.

Vermont here. I’m taking a different approach from previous years and attempting to bush out rather than up. Right now my three photos are between 5’ and 6,5’ in diameter and around 5’ tall. I’d like them to get a bit taller but the way I’m growing these all mainlined and LST’d out the height is a lot less of the equation, rather for me this time it’s about surface area :smiling_imp: I spent the winter reading a bunch of Jorge Cervantes so my rallying call this summer has been WWJD - what would Jorge do?

3 Likes

They look beautiful. You are doing a great job

1 Like

You’re damn right he’d grow some bomb dope!

1 Like

Interesting.
I hope 4 weeks of growing plus stretching will make difference, and hoping weather cooperates. So far not much of summer here.

1 Like

Yeah we’ve had a lot of Rainey overcast days too but it seems like there’s no happy medium
(Except yesterday and today!) it’s like either dreary or blazing hot but it’s all good, cannabis loves a well defined wet/dry cycle and this summer seems to be providing it.

4 weeks is a good amount of time and like you said add in stretch of between 20 and 40% starting in mid August and you’ll have some tall ones.

2 Likes

Give them time, they will take off soon…happy growing!

1 Like

Thanks man, I really hope so

What varieties do you grow in Vermont?

1 Like

I’m in Vermont and Gold Leaf/ Bruce Banner are growing like crazy

2 Likes

Bruce banner is on my list for my next grow. I am in MA, growing girls scouts cookies, skywalker and skunk

3 Likes

It’s hard to get the right perspective but the four bigger ones are actually 5 foot 10 to 6 foot 3 in height

1 Like

Wow! You got some healthy and good looking girls there.

1 Like