New beginning and 1st grow

I sent my pictures into someone else’s grow, sorry. Here are the pictures I wanted to share and receive constructive feedback from @garrigan62, @blackthumbbetty, @dbrn32, @Mote, @Killadruid, and anyone else who has helped me. There are so many of you kind to the elderly on here. Thank you, thank you.
I have been using distilled water but saved 39 gallons of rain water and tomorrow will start using it. This is my first time and first time using 5 gal. cloth pots. With fan on top and 2 smaller ones on bottom seems like they use a whole lot more water. I don’t know for sure but a couple of the plants looks like I didn’t give them enough and the ph are all different. My girls 6 out of 7 for sure. The 7th one don’t know yet. Two plants are unknown stash seeds.i don’t have any problem with humidity or temperature. My ph varies in all. Some 5.9, 6.0, 6.7.

Uploading: 20190313_211728.jpg…

I better take a break, I’m all over the place. I posted with my tablet, phone and now computer. Sorry you all.

2 Likes

The one plant that looked really dark green…did you repost that pic?

If so, not sure what I was thinking. I don’t see the issue I thought I saw.

This one:

Though, that could be the blurples.

1 Like

I took this picture of my one and only Bubblegum out from under the lights but they were on behind me. It is dark green for sure and my favorite looking plant. It is also the shortest and bushiest of all. I don’t think I have a problem with that one though unless you can see it. Thank you for the reply.:herb:

Ur bubblegum is looking good nice and bushy. They r a shorter strain so it will be that way will speed up in height in flowering.

2 Likes

I didn’t say anything was wrong with it, but I do recommend you tuck or remove the ginormous fans that are bigger than your hand/head. Also, it does look dark green and shiny, which is indicative of a lot of Nitrogen. Just be aware of that when you feed.

Your plants look good.

1 Like

Blackthumbbetty, I always listen to what you have to say and you always give me hope that I’m going to get to the end. My bubblegum is really tight in structure and those big leaves do block a lot of light. I will be taking some offl of them, need be.since you said it was ok.
Heard back from Apera and they are sending me a gift for giving them an Amazon a review on my pur phase. I couldn’t say much since I just got it last week. That was unexpected gift. All are welcome, I love free stuff. Lol

1 Like

Free stuff is the best!

1 Like

Does all three kinds finish together or is it up to the grower? Bubblegum, AK-47, Sour Desiel, and all are feminized seeds from ILGM. They are supposed to start flower at different times, but they all look like they are about the same with the exception of Bubblegum. She is just so pretty, I keep forgetting it isn’t a regular houseplants. Lol I guess it could be if she has children. I got brave and made a clone. When I broke the 2 main shoots on Sour D, I repaired that one but I broke off one of the same kind of branches of one of my AK-47 and made 3 clones from that big one. 2 of the 3 is doing great, already seeing roots in the clear cup. I hope the Bg does as good. Thanks for all your support.:herb:

I didn’t realize what all had to be done growing cannabis. No wonder the good stuff cost so much. Well, no one will be able to afford my junk, if I added up what my initial start up cost I couldn’t afford to sell it. Wasn’t going to anyway…:herb:

1 Like

maybe a good idea to pH test your 39 gallons of rain water just to be on the safe side

1 Like

think of the knowledge you have gained in developing a green thumb :star_struck:…please let me know what your rainwater pH is ? :droplet:

1 Like

@James68 have you ever ph’d rain water? When I go down stairs to my grow I will check it. I haven’t used it yet.

go here for Rain water test…its great info.

1 Like

James, my first jug that I tested was 6.5 ph. So now what?

Hi Rose hope you’re having a nice Sunday. A 6.5 ph is great, I dont mess w rain water so I would just re-test it prior to using just to be on the safe side.
As a side note, I was wondering, have you tested your tap water, ph & ppm? you might want to.

I felt the same as you did as far as the initial investment to start growing, it can get expensive quick, but if I had to buy water for these things it would be a deal breaker. Not so much the actual cost of the water itself but more importantly the Nuisance of having to go and get it and so on, heck no.

Lets see some pictures of the girls when you get a chance, curious to see how they’re doing :wink:

2 Likes

Well Done !..6.5 is on the money…if it gets down to around pH5 you are into Acid Rain…and that is a major boo hoo…may I enquire where you are on the planet to get rain at that pH level ?

I am in northern europe and my rainwater pH is low.

1 Like

Thanks for the shout out. Here is my growing mess.

4 Likes

James I am here in Southern Missouri. Land on a rock, lots of rock. I didn’t have my growing hat on evidently when I bought this place. I came from Illinois where there is really good soil. In order to plant anything outdoors it has to be above the ground. I’m in the country and there is a lot of critters who like everything, hard to keep them out. Back to the rain water, do I have to ph everytime I use the rainwater out of the same collection?