New B. carbon filter question

Preparing for flower transition in a couple of weeks and want to get ahead of The odor. My grow room is my guest bath.I’m wondering if a Inexpensive Carbon filters available on amazon Could be configured to exhaust into Bathroom exhaust. I know it’s physically possible to configure, I’m just wondering if anyone is tried it and how it worked? Thanks.

You can get a 6" vivosun inline fan for $50 and an ac infinity carbon filter for 50

1 Like

Absolutely…remove the fart fan and connect your exhaust fan/filter outflow right up into the hole and put a coupling (hose clamp. Lol) onto the existing flex that runs to the roof. OR are you saying you want to simply lay some carbon over the existing fart fan housing…NO GOOD

Thanks for the quick response. I was thinking of running the flex right to the exhaust motor in the ceiling after taking the plastic cover off and coupling it to the motor…?

Bathroom exhaust fans don’t typically have a high enough cfm rating. Especially if adding a carbon filter.

2 Likes

I’m not just buying the filter I’m buying a carbon filter with motor and just continuing the exhaust from the fan to the bathroom fan

Ya that blower can’t even knock out a candle…lol

Connecting to that motor will slow it down

1 Like

May be better off removing the bathroom fan. It may become a restriction point. Imagine pushing 200cfm to a 70cfm fan.

Edit: loco beat me to it, lol

2 Likes

Restriction point thank you Bobby…I believe a fart fan doesn’t even go straight out… It picks it up usually from side port or 2 compartments basically if I’m not too stoned!!

1 Like

Yup just looked… Picks it up at the large 10" box and syphons it to a 4" discharge…or duct … hopefully 6" or greater…so ya. Bypass fan and str8 to duct in ceiling… What fan ya get, Vicodin…lol. Vivosun…lol it spealt Vicodin…

2 Likes

I would take the bathroom fan out and just exhaust your carbon filter/fan combo out through the bathroom fan hole. A bathroom fan can’t keep up and will cause back pressure and reduce the efficiency of your system dramatically.

I’ll probably end up taking the motor out I just wanted to find out if anybody had tried it with the motor in thanks for the response

The new fan would be restricted as it flows and makes the current ceiling exhaust fan spin. Not to mention the extra whirling sound it can cause.
So just remove the current fan from housing before connecting your new exhaust to the opening. Also lol the drawer in bathroom is not a good location for the old fan motor hahaha. I lost parts that way. Those little nuts that hold the motor on are hard to find.

1 Like