New autoflower grower help!

It won’t hurt but remember the plant does not absorb light from the undersides of the leaves. Side lighting if you feel you’re deficient but it might be worth it for you to figure out what your DLI for that setup is (Daily Light Interval).

3 Likes

I agree with @Myfriendis410 kind of more wasting energy then the plant can absorb. Good Idea though and your plants look great in your pics with the hps.

1 Like

Thanks guys I appreciate the knowledge they are coming down because they are in my way lol

2 Likes

Lol, sounds good bud!!

1 Like

Knowing your DFI will definitely help you decide how much they will help, as @Myfriendis410 said.
They are in your way so that’s a huge point, at least in my opinion but you could position them better again as @Myfriendis410 suggested to point down or sideways, under pointing up is the least effective.

They are florescents so really they don’t shoot strong light very far, what type of light is in them?
If they are veg lights then that’s another downfall you want 2800-3500k.

All in all probably better to use to grow a nice herb garden! Or sell em and buy another led lol

1 Like

Thank you Nicky, they are led shop lights with no markings on them but they are extremely bright they have two rows of LEDs on each fixture I have a bunch of them because a job site I was working on were replacing with newer lights so free for all and I got 9-10 of them I used two of them during seedling and early veg and I didn’t have any problems with stretch and my node spacings were tight

1 Like

I already took them down but yeah maybe next grow I will go above the plants sides aimed down and see what happens and I’m really curious what would happen if I ran my two Mh 400s on each side instead of the shop lights? I mean besides running up my electric bill lol

2 Likes

Not sure if you seen the monster I posted but a guy on another forum took a 2x2 tent and lined the walls with led panels then put a large box fan on the roof. Ran it single bucket system and it was a fricking MONSTER.

Take a closer look at your shop lights, look very close and all over every corner edge of the bulbs/boards I’m sure there I a marking there.

On that note you should buy a 2x2 and line the walls with your lights! I mean free lights and a 2x2 tent is cheap, just modify the roof with a large fan.
You should totally do that project!

2 Likes

With the 1000 hps you shouldn’t need any other lights. Should be more than enough to make ur plants grow full and huge. :grin:

1 Like

At this point I’m not a tent guy yet I’ve spent so much transforming my spare bedroom into a functioning grow room with my temps and Rh dialed in I feel the only thing I need to fix is myself and rookie mistakes lol

1 Like

Well build a basic frame out of pcv plumbing, or just hold onto them until you want to fire that project up but definitely worth wild.

I hear you, have enough on your hands right now with life and the investment made.

Looking good give us another picture let’s see the buds maybe a higher angle? I’m interested to see how they look closer
I’m (well mostly the wifey I’m away on work for the winter) about 10 days behind you and have battled dialing in our new grow room/tent, turns out we have a inadequate duct fan, we are also in soil with LED’s. Your doing great for your first grow keep us updated.

See how yours are top’d and these ones arnt, yeah definitely going to FIM all my autos going forward
(

3 Likes

I will take regular light pics today after work thanks for passing on your knowledge I appreciate that @Nicky

2 Likes

I forgot to show this last night lol but I had those lights up before but I took them down and i even set up a scrog net for some reason just too see how it would look for when I grow photos but yeah I used pvc :grin: great minds

2 Likes

I was accidentally posting on someone else’s thread my bad I’m still getting the hang of this but @Nicky here is the close up of the bud

@Missiles @Oldguy @kellydans @PurpNGold74 @Ncgreenthumber @Dbpooper @Tinman

9 Likes

Man that is phat!! I think your going to be very happy with her :grin:

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking lol but with this being my first grow I have no clue what to expect…will they grow taller along with fatter?

1 Like

Not a whole lot. They look like they have already pretty much have gotten through their stretch. They will work on fattening up now :grin:

5 Likes

Maybe I shouldn’t have left them tied down so long they are just a foot tall lol

1 Like

Nice looking buds you got there those will come in handy about New Year’s.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with that. Plenty of people keep theirs that low. Next time you’ll know just to release her a little sooner if you want taller plants. I’m in the opposite position this time. I wish I would have been more aggressive with my LST this round.

2 Likes