New autoflower grower help!

I play guitar and sing to mine so if they die that’s why lol I think I’m doing everything else correct or at least I feel like I am

3 Likes

its important to have fun.

2 Likes

@James68, @Shaneo420, T M I

ha ha ha

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Help with autoflowering plants

Welcome to ILGM, @UpInSmoke79! :v:

1 Like

You should really create your own thread as this is someone else’s thread, again maybe @dbrn32 @Hogmaster @Myfriendis410 @garrigan62 or someone else can help move your post.
If not be sure to go back to the main support page and read the first pinned thread in the beginners section that reads how to start your own thread.
Now back to the mad school teacher/scientist

@Shaneo420
Definitely looks like a small class room.
What’s the condition fo your environment?
Humidity and temp high/lows?

Looks like you have the basics filled out, your ready to catch run off when hat time comes and read your TDS, you will see your soil is hot and won’t need anything for some time to come as others have said.
Did you add extra perlite and myko to your soil?
If not next time, also it’s a good idea to make a little pocket of Fox farms happy frog where you start the autos until they grow up a bit and can handle the ocean forest richness. So far so good though but definitely worth it next time as many loose young plants or get nute burn from the soil richness it’s self.
I would suggest plant bell’s/domes/cloche’s until they grow up a bit.

Tuck leaves on autos don’t trim and avoid any real stress training.
I echo what others are saying for light height/ stretch. Watch them closely, if you need them to grow taller back the light off or if they are stretching to much bring it closer.
All in all plant domes and watering in a circle around the edge of the plant rather then right on it to promote root stretch is the only thing I can see/hear that would help in your early stages to give a bit more boost.

Looks good.

How big are those pots?
I’m using 5gallon for my autos but some do 3 and some do 10.
Shouldnt really need to feed much if at all any cal/mag while in soil.

Have a fresh air in and a stale air out exhaust?
Looks like you have some fans to provide a breeze that’s good.

1 Like

Thank you @Nicky, I will fix that after work today, I will send a pic of my hydrometer you can see my highs and lows in temps and Rh I wish I would have mixed more perlite but I didnt, and yeah I heard ff soil can be too hot so before I planted my seeds I flushed with 2 gallons of pH 6.5 water in each of the 4 5gallon smart pots and yes I’m ready to catch run off got my ppm meter yesterday so next feeding I’ll see what’s up.And I have a 4" fan and carbon filter kinda regretting not going with the 6" now but next grow I will fix that and yeah idk what happened with this bedroom lol it does kinda look like a classroom and I think next grow I’ll move everything out and mylar my walls and the closet also anyway I could use all the help I can get!!

External Media

Nicky

October 22

You should really create your own thread as this is someone else’s thread, again maybe @dbrn32 @Hogmaster @Myfriendis410 @garrigan65 or someone else can help move your post.

If not be sure to go back to the main support page and read the first pinned thread in the beginners section that reads how to start your own thread.

Now back to the mad school teacher/scientist

@Shaneo420

Definitely looks like a small class room.

What’s the condition fo your environment?

Humidity and temp high/lows?

Looks like you have the basics filled out, your ready to catch run off when hat time comes and read your TDS, you will see your soil is hot and won’t need anything for some time to come as others have said.

Did you add extra perlite and myko to your soil?

If not next time, also it’s a good idea to make a little pocket of Fox farms happy frog where you start the autos until they grow up a bit and can handle the ocean forest richness. So far so good though but definitely worth it next time as many loose young plants or get nute burn from the soil richness it’s self.

I would suggest plant bell’s/domes/cloche’s until they grow up a bit.

Tuck leaves on autos don’t trim and avoid any real stress training.

I echo what others are saying for light height/ stretch. Watch them closely, if you need them to grow taller back the light off or if they are stretching to much bring it closer.

All in all plant domes and watering in a circle around the edge of the plant rather then right on it to promote root stretch is the only thing I can see/hear that would help in your early stages to give a bit more boost.

Looks good.

How big are those pots?

I’m using 5gallon for my autos but some do 3 and some do 10.

Shouldnt really need to feed much if at all any cal/mag while in soil.

Have a fresh air in and a stale air out exhaust?

Looks like you have some fans to provide a breeze that’s good.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

UpInSmoke79

October 21

Morning brother. I was told that THIS os the place to be for any and all questions pertaining to propagation and cultivation. Loads of questions for y’all.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

The problem without using a tent is you can have mold issues if your RH is to high, so in veg we want high RH but if your in a house in your room just keep it 40 or so, the domes will help early on. You can also make them with 4L distilled water jugs flipped upside and cut (cut them tall).

Yeah in the future add about 25% perlite.
To bad you sorta flushed the soil, again in the future use a pocket of happy frog soil.
Don’t be scared to see your run off up at 4500 TDS. Just keep watching it and don’t let it go below 1200 keep it around there or up to 1800 depending on what nutes your using and what stage your plants are in. Then monitor tricombs and flush accordingly depending on if you want sedative couch lock or high buzzy effect to come through.
By the end your plant will look like Shit but that just means it’s gonna smoke smooth since there is no minerals and less chlorophyll in it. Of course this assumes you wet trim, dry and cure properly.
Keep us updated as much as possible and we will be able to notice things you are or arnt doing right as well as catch issues early on.
So far so good.

As for construction I would definitely upgrade to a 6" AC infinity (has controls on it for humidity and RH, very handy) or you can buy a inkbird controller to control RH& Humidity for your current fan and just plug it in to whatever you upgrade to. I would also suggest this really good piece of kit even though I don’t have one.

Do lots of reading and you will be able to see others setups and get good ideas like you have already done you definitely have the space.
How are your current intake/exhaust setup care to share a picture?

1 Like

My apologies. The thread has been moved. I’m not the most familiar with this site.

It’s very rudimentary lol I ordered my seeds from Seedsman and they were delivered weeks ahead of what I thought so I was excited when they came and I hurried and just threw stuff together but let me look through my pics and see I’m not home yet bare with me @Nicky

1 Like

It’s vented into my attic

Hmm and your fresh air in?
Does he need a fresh air in (my setups different in a tent so…)
@PurpNGold74

2 Likes

I run a window air conditioner so when the air is not on the fan is still pulling in outside air 24/7 trying to get my ventilation she figured out

AC will get it done. I grow in a closet in a dark room and leave the second door open for good exchange with a few fans placed in diff spots. Airflow humidity and temps are environmental things to tweak with when u begin, but u dont get the importance and how to change em quickly without more experience. Your grow looks fantastic so far @Shaneo420. I agree with the folks above (although i havent run MH/HPS) that 400 is plenty. I wouldnt cut on the second one for another week or 3. And the HPS is for flowering under.

Sweet setup all the same. And definitely here and watching.

2 Likes

Thank you @PurpNGold74

I already set up the other 400w mh over a week ago lol I know patience I just can’t help myself :grimacing:

Haha no harm no foul. Only thing complaining will be the light bill :joy::+1:t5:

2 Likes

I know right lol well, hopefully it’s worth it because I have a 1000w HPS waiting for flower

@Nicky why should I not have flushed my soil? I was worried about burning my seedlings at the time and that was before I knew I could talk to fine folks like yourself lol I just figured that would take the edge off idk