New autoflower grower help!

My 4 WW autos are 10 days old, I have them under 400w mh and I have a 2nd 400w mh waiting to fire up once they grow a little more and I have a 1000w HPS for flower, I’m using foxfarm ocean forest and foxfarm nutrients I’ve only used cal-mag so far with pH water. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them I’ll show pics

15 Likes

Looks like they’re doing great.

1 Like

Keep doing what your doing they look great

1 Like

O yeah welcome to the Community

1 Like

Should I use the second 400w mh after they grow a little more or just stick with the one light? When do I start using my 1000w HPS?

5 Likes

I would wait till you fire it up

4 Likes

Yeah I figured I would wait till next week to fire up the other 400mh but I’m uncertain about when to switch over to the 1000w HPS

3 Likes

Welcome, your plants look good. Nice room, plenty of it. WooHoo!

3 Likes

Nice set up

2 Likes

I’m uncertain about when to switch over to the 1000w HPS

I would wait till you see signs of pistils and they have shown definitive flowers starting to form. Switching to the hps too soon can cause stretchy plants.
The mh will promote a stronger veg cycle and help avert some issues in flowering.
And welcome to the forum. Great folks here and all willing to help if need be.
Peace. :wink::v:

5 Likes

Ffof is a hot soil so no nutes needed for awhile probably not till mid flower will you have to add extra nutes. Too early and you could stall them

7 Likes

Good job plants look great root system developing at this point more so than foliage. You’ll see a big jump in the next couple weeks. Also as mentioned I agree with. @Carol4486 go easy on the nutes.

6 Likes

Thank you @kellydans @Carol4486 @Oldguy @HTCMG for your good answers.

@Shaneo420 welcome and you can tag anyone you want with the @ sign.

5 Likes

Welcome to the clubhouse…how high are the fabric bags off the floor ? :nerd_face:

2 Likes

30" but I removed the crates today and added a second 400w mh now from floor to bottom of smart pots is 19" and from light to canopy is 34" let me know what you think

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip, it’s hard not too though lol

I definitely will and thank you

1 Like

The others have you covered, @Shaneo420. I’ve only ever used LEDs and CFLs, sorry I can’t be of more specific help with real world experience with MH/HPS…but! It looks like they’re pretty happy. Keep an eye on them, and as long as they keep their leaves ‘reaching’ up for that light, I’d gradually lower the lights, maybe an inch or two a day or so. Also watch the stems between nodes. If you see them getting stretchy, you could lower the lights a little more quickly. The plants will scream what they want, you just have to learn their language. Keep us updated, and you’re sure to have a great harvest. Best of luck, and welcome to ILGM! :v:

3 Likes

Love the mad scientist look to your room!

5 Likes

Thank you so much I appreciate it!!!