New Autoflower grow - my 3rd grow!

Lookin good for 10 days, keep it up!

2 Likes

Hey guys - a little over 2 weeks since germinating and they are filling in nicely (I think). Starting some LST.

Any Living Soil experts around that can recommend a top dressing additive for my grow. All autoflowers. 1/3 living soil and and FF happy farm. Have been feeding tap water + “FishShit” that I mentioned I was trying which is basically a fish bacteria of some sort + a little Bio Root.

Can I add Mycorrhizal Fungi to the top? Kelp Meal? Anything else?

1 Like

Day 19 from Germination -

Added Gupsum and worm casting as a top dressing and started LST (needs more but fcking snapped a small branch and got scared so stopped). It looks like its healing so will start again next few days.

Thoughts on defoliating autos? Seen different opinions online - I did it last time although others say if you have enough light, just leave them. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Day 28 for me from germination

4 Likes

Your gonna love that blue cheese! One of my favorite strains. It’s all in opinion @Eli but I defoliated my autos. Not all the time but once good like around day 35-40. But of course I would pluck leaves here and there to allow light to certain bud sites. Autos are very picky so just be careful and don’t go too heavy. If it’s your third auto run I’m sure you have a pretty good idea yourself how to treat them :wink:. But here’s some auto guys that I know and usually lean on for reliable auto growing haha . @Not2SureYet @GreenSnek

You grow autos too right? @Mark0427

3 Likes

Are you using any silica products? I would definitely add silica to your arsenal if you don’t already have it! Strengthen plants stems and branches, also helps with nutrient uptake and immune system of the plants. Great product to have almost everyone I know uses some form or another of it :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes I do but not as much as I was before. They r not impressing me at all so far the smoke.is gr8 but eye appeal is.not there at all

3 Likes

Did you defol your autos?

1 Like

@Nicky is another automan.

4 Likes

True true I lean on Nicky alot for info too! :wink:.

4 Likes

Really looking forward to the blue cheese - surprisingly its growing slower than the rest although giving it lots of love.

I have some huge fan leaves, maybe 5-6", I tucked as many as I could but had to cut some as they were blocking the whole plant.

Definitely taking notes and learning a lot for the 3rd run!

2 Likes

I am not - I always thought silica was more of a pest repellent and as an indoor grow, was not using it. Will pick up some today at the local hydro store and start immidialaty. Thanks!

1 Like

It does help the plant naturally fight against pests and heat stress and water stress, but also REALLY strengthens the plants and helps with there nutrient uptake. Start with minimum usage on bottle and work way up! They will love it

Funny you said your blue cheese is growing a little slow because last person I watched grow it said the same thing and had same issue. But they were outdoor

2 Likes

Silica is the dust in the universe as well as a key building block of all life on earth, it’s what cell walls are built out of.
Most of the time using water would suffice or simply the silica in the dirt but when using a soil less medium such as coco or any type of hydro system we often run cleaner w as tee and this all starves our plant of silica.

Big healthy plants need silica, it also helps with heat stress and bud density.

3 Likes

Best times to defoliate autos ( don’t go to heavy just the underbrush) is about 21-25 days in right before they flip and again post stretch ( which is a lot iffy er since some flip early at 3 weeks and some as late as 5.5 weeks)

3 Likes

Cool - picked up a bottle today - will start slow and see how they like it. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

What do you guys think about giving a light Folier Spray ? Picked up a bottle of this - which is basically Kemp extract and light magnesium. SuperGreen Foliar Spray | Organic - Bloom City

Also, what are your thoughts on the spots I am getting in only one of the plants?? Some type of burn?

Hey all - quick update - growing nicely but only day 30 from germination and started pre-flower - all at the same time - so early, weird no?

1 Like

no, autos normally flower between 3-6 weeks. average 5.

2 Likes

Cool - my last grow was closer to week 7-8. Thanks!!

2 Likes