New Autoflower grow - my 3rd grow!

Whats up all - starting my 3rd auto flower grow - a few details:

• Germinated in peat pellets and just planted into 2/3 living soil (smells like sht) 1/3 Happy Frog
  • Mixture of different Autoflower Strains:
    • 2x Northern Lights Auto’s
    • 1x Gorilla Glue Auto
    • 1x Amnesia Haze Auto
    • 1x Alaskan Purple Auto
    • 1x Blue Cheese Auto
  • Used 2 gal and 3 gal smart pots (want to see the difference in results - last time I ran all 3 gal pots and the roots hardly covered the whole base
  • 630 w. LED (3 fixtures) - running 24/0 for now

Still early - will update in a few weeks…

10 Likes

Good luck man

1 Like

Thanks brother - interested to see if there is a difference in yield between the 2gal and 3gal pots! Also, interested to see how the medium performs! :+1:

3 Likes

I’m chopping my 1st ever auto come Monday and excited to see the roots i used a 3 gallon fabric pot as thats what I typically use for my photos also ive also been using mycorrhizae so im hoping I have a good root mass

3 Likes

Beautiful set up… here 2 watch.

Happy growing

3 Likes

Sweet! Looks like your off to the races! Best of luck!

1 Like

I have have posted this elsewhere and you may have seen it but here is a good shot of a rootmass from an auto in a 3 gal fabric planter.

Just as it grew. :wink:

4 Likes

Let me know how they look - I was really surprised how poor the root ball was on the 3 gal (auto) I just completed - was only my second grow so I am sure I made some mistakes but interested to see the difference this time and mixing in 2 gal and 3! :+1:

1 Like

Nice - did you get the yield you expected? That looks like the root reached the bottom- right?

1 Like

Yes the taproot went all the way. This is typical for mine and my yields are getting pretty consistent at 1/4lb.

2 Likes

Hi there
Are you happy with those roots?

My 1st time grow - I goofed & had poor roots on Blueberry & Northern & I think very happy roots on Amnesia Haze. Although I forgot to check taproot in detail. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes I am very happy with the roots I have gotten so far. I keep my soil mix real light with lots of perlite. Makes for good drainage and makes an easy path for the roots to spread. I am using a mix of old/used FFOF, Sta-Green potting soil, compost, sand, local dirt, peat moss and of course extra perlite.

2 Likes

Great to know! My Amnesia Haze was similar size except I have no idea how strong tap root was.

I’m all embarrassed I thought lighting played a minimal role in autoflower. (Short version ha!)

2 Likes

I have my first 5gal planter going right now. I have only used 2 and 3 gal so far. Interested to see how much it makes a difference.

1 Like

Yeah that can be confusing and it may sound like that is true if you listen to certain people. Truth is good lights are #1 priority. Only difference is autos don’t care about the timing so much. As long as they get enough, it can be any cycle you want to do.

2 Likes

What are you planting in the 5 gal’s? Autos?

Yeah, auto White Widow is all the seed I have right now. Probably gonna get something different when black friday sale hits.

1 Like

Autos in 5 gal - very interested to see how they come out and what they yield - good luck!! :+1:

1 Like

My last 2 WWA each gave me 1/4lb in 3 gal planters. Kinda hoping for more out of the 5.

1 Like

Hey all - only been 10 days since Germination so not much on an update. Added a camera to the tent to avoid bothering the girls too much but easy to monitor! Hopefully in a week can start some LST which I think is the only training I will do this time.

Received a free sample of “Fish-Shit” https://fishheadfarms.com from my local store. Even though growing in living soil, decided to try this additive in low amounts. Seems the girls like it so will continue… Anybody try them before?

4 Likes