New and need help Bad

I need to know if my plant is ready to go to the drying .Im sorry dont mean to be dumb here but I need to know If i go forward or not.Thank yallIMG_1099115
IMG_1099115

3 Likes

The bud pictured looks like it’s within range for harvest. Do you have a picture of the whole plant you can upload? And how long have you been flowering? You mentioned ready to dry. Are you just chopping the whole plant at the base, or cutting branches and buds? I’m sorry to load you with questions, but the answers could really help pinpoint more as to whether she’s ready or not.

4 Likes

hi. you should look at tricomes on the buds with jewelers loupe or microscope. Clear > cloudy> some amber tricomes. There are very knowledgeable people on this forum who will help. Happy Harvest

3 Likes

Also, don’t feel dumb. I’ve asked a thousand questions and still have a thousand more. Everybody on this forum is eager for every other grower to succeed!

I should have added, as well, if you can look at the trichomes (crystals) on the buds with a magnifying tool, that will give you a much, much better idea of whether you’re ready or not. Here’s what I go by. The colored chart at the bottom can be ignored…

3 Likes

Welcome @Grandpa5464 ! As the others stated, you look in the window for harvest but the trichomes will be the determining factor.

1 Like

It is a auto flower from this site. Its been flowering for around 4/5 weeks. Choppong plant at base and going to cure in my Grow tent.

Ill take pictures of whole plant tomorrow.

2 Likes

Wow 4-5 weeks is still pretty early in flower. Definite full shots will help.

1 Like

I agree with @Borderryan22. While the pics show it being close, they (the pics) are kinda crappy. Either way that looks like sum nice bud

1 Like

Do not feel dumb. Dumb is not asking. Been there. Nothing like being to proud to ask a question…sigh. That trait has been deleted. I ask now right away if not sure. Way too many learning experiences solo. Only advice i give is what i have seen personally. Vast majority of advice from these great growers is not theory. Practical applications both fails and successes.

1 Like

Pawpaw always said, only dumb question is an unasked one😉 boy did I take that and run with it!

2 Likes

Man i feel ya. Why is it…now i am a pawpaw…it makes so much friggin sense? Lmao

1 Like

As a lot of members have stated there is no dumb questions dont be hard on ur self, me personally i think it would be silly not to ask the questions you want ask we are all here to help and learn from each other as a community so when ever you have a question dont by shy just ask some one here we are all happy to help

BTW on harvest question. I personally think you are early. I typically see 2 more weeks past what the flower info says. My meds i go 70/30 white to red. My recreational i go 90/10 or 80/20. Strain dependent also. Givem another week at least. Patience pays off. A cheap jewelers loop with light on amazon. Work great with 20x and 60x. Just my thoughts. Patience was lacking when i started and early harvest too often.

1 Like