New 4x2 tent setup for autos

Hey,
CatDaddy suggested when I got my next grow to start with a new thread and my tent setup so here it goes…

Going to use HLG 260XL Rspec with an additional HLG 135 Rspec.

Invited some of his suggested people and some others who have been very helpfull.

so I hope ya’ll don’t mind…
@BudzMS @Newt @beachglass @CurrDogg420 @new2-420 @noddykitty1 @Flitme @Mhcnola @Bonjoyle @Stickyicky407

13 Likes

@CatDadPower @latewood @TransplantedFarmgirl @zeuspaul @Storm @DEEPDIVERDAVE @Flitme

2 Likes

Lets go.

4 Likes

awesome, count me in. whats on the menu?

3 Likes

Very nice set up off to the races. :+1::v:

2 Likes

Nice work. Set to watch. The 260XL is a great light. An additional 135 will certainly rock the tent. You probably wont need the carbon filter until flower. I would save it for then if you can. It is only needed to remove odors, which aren’t strong until mid-flower. The exhaust fan alone is fine during veg. You got the equipment, now what are you going to grow?

2 Likes

Looking good! How much light does each panel provide? For a 2x4 you’ll want around 325W by final flower if the entire tent is filled wall to wall.

3 Likes

Ill have to look back and see. I believe @Newt suggested these. I need to figure out the position to hang them.

@Stickyicky407 The filter wont be turned on until I can start too smell them :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I going with Runtz autos for this batch.

3 Likes

The numbers HLG uses in naming their lights is what the light draws plus / minus. The 135 draws up to 150 ± and 260 draws up to 250. The XL has a wider spread than the basic 260 models. You certainly will not come up short with using both the 260XL and the 135.
I run several 260 rspecs in a 30 x 72" closet.

2 Likes

I’m set to watch. Good luck!

2 Likes

The XL 260 is a true 260 W light - mine actually draws 272.5, per my meter. I added an additional 135 to the center of the heat sink. It’s actual draw per my meter is 160.

5 Likes

Feet kicked back, popcorn in hand and ready for the show!!!

2 Likes

Hey Newt, can you get me a pic of how yours are hanging? Im not sure about the 135 in the center.

That’d pic a pic of how your lights are hanging…

Ive played with that idea for 2 years adding a 260xlv2 board i have left over from upgrade to the r boards. Just not sure if it a value to me other than efficiency.

2 Likes

I’m going to be happy to hang with you :blush::v:

1 Like

I use those 50watt LED lights, too.
More is better.

1 Like

I have to put the HLG lights together. Ill have it all done this weekend. I have another “tent” for sprout/early veg with a T5 6500 florescent light.

1 Like

Did you mount the HLG lights on the board or keep it separate outside the tent?