Never will i ever again

wish i would’ve listened lol but i will NEVER attempt a dry trim again, absolute nightmare to do alone

13 Likes

LOL :grin: :laughing: I agree, I hated dry trimming. I’m a wet trim fan going forward.

11 Likes

How did u go about it. Prior to wash and hang did u strip off all the biggest fan leaves and leave the sugar leaves only. That helps a ton dry trim is where it’s at tho it is a bit harder to do. If u do wet trims tray for sure and leave the plant as whole as possible. Wet trims tend to dry the product out alot faster and kills on the smells and taste a bit. The slower the dry and cure the better the outcome will be. They have a canna brush out where if the leaves r dried crisp u brush the buds like ur painting them and all falls off and leaves u a. Beautiful bud behind

9 Likes

I tried dry trimming once and agree 100%. I actually went out and bought a bowl trimmer and love it. Remove large fan leaves, cut buds from stem, throw in bowl trimmer and spin handle for 20 to 30 seconds. I then hang in a drying basket for a couple of days and they go into cardboard boxes or paper bags with hygrometers. I am very surprised at how little material is in the collection bowl at the end of a trim. Bowl trimmers have a reputation of ruining buds, that has not been my experience.

7 Likes

I agree with the bowl trimmer. Makes the buds a little smaller but it’s worth it’s money in gold. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Y’all got any pics of it in use?

3 Likes

no wash, i didnt hang plant whole but cut at each node to hang, trimmed fans and a few of the bigger sugar leaves before hanging, due to how bad my humidity can spike in my house i dint use a humidifier in my dry room even tho my humidity is super low(sometimes i wake up and it has went from 35 to 65)…i know im losing smell and flavor by drying quick(3 1/2-4 days) but im ok with that since ive done sampled and its better than 90% of the grn i see on the streets
p.s. a friend tried it with me and is now begging me to sell him an oz​:rofl:…not gonna happen my friend :grin:

4 Likes

I don’t have any pictures of mine, it is in storage for another two to three months until I need it again. There’s a bunch of videos on YouTube of people using them, that’s where I went and check them out before I bought mine.

2 Likes

That’s probably the only thing concerning a grow I haven’t taken a picture of… lol
I bet I fix that at the end of this grow… :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks to ya both and I’ll be spyinonyou for that :wink:

3 Likes

Dry trimming might suck. Might suck ass big time. But… when you talk to any head grower at most farms thay will explain to you the science behind ‘why’ it is important to the plants drying process to leave alot of the material on the stalk while drying.
I know it sucks and trust me I dont much like the trimming part. But it’s not about what the ‘human’ wants. Lol in a way. Ot’s about whats best for the plant start to finiah.
Hope ya all are having a great weekend.

8 Likes

A cannabrush does wonders… I personally don’t care for the bowl trim because it really cuts the buds down.
Below is how.i hang and a pic of how a cannabrush trim looks.

12 Likes

I was just looking at the brushes, again :grin:
Is it just a over priced silicon bbq brush? Not trying to be a dik, Im cheap.

4 Likes

I seriously bought a silicone BBQ brush and cut it down to about a half an inch… hello it’s a $1 cannabrush purchased at the $1.25 tree formerly know as the dollar store :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

9 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about :muscle:
Seen that $40 price tag and said nope, I’ll do this cheaper

4 Likes

Here we go again
This is after the wet trim and before I move them into drying boxes

Leaving the bud on the stem (much easier to handle) I trim off what I can. A cannabrush makes fast work of it

Snip the buds off the stem and maybe a little touchup if needed

The sugar leaves go into a jar for extracts or sifting.

I find this process to be 5x faster than wet trimming (I may be exaggerating a bit)

11 Likes

I got a pic after use, lol.

I hand trim all of my good bud, and then I run all my larf and popcorn through this. It saves me a few hours of trim time, and then it takes me a few hours to clean it, lol.

5 Likes

yea it sucks but for this harvest i felt it was needed since i cant control the humidity very well at the moment

2 Likes

Y’all got to get y’all a trimmer like I got!! She’s bout 5’9 with big boobs and a sassy mouth. Everytime I see her reach up with those long arms and grab one of my Monster plant Colas outdoors and pull it down where I can smell it I instantly get turned on!

Now that’s a trimmer boys y’all thinking bout it all wrong so I’m tole. She can trim weed faster than a hummingbird but she smokes alot more than your bowl trimmer but she has extra abilitys your trimmer just ain’t got! Rolmao!!!

12 Likes

I did the same exact thing :sweat_smile:.
I’m not paying $25 for a silicone brush!

3 Likes