Never too late grow journal …

@Graysin finally got some clones and is doing a dots v no dots

3 Likes

I saw that! I might do the same experiment!

2 Likes

Whats a dot if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Grow dots are an amendment you add to your medium. They are suppose to last all the way through a grow with only water. Click the person I tagged and open their topics created from their profile. A couple different experiments with them there.

Thanks!

1 Like

2 Likes

So since I’m heading back to work and won’t be home 12 hours a day …ughhh…
I want to start training to keep these as low as possible as early as I can …

When should I start that ?
I just plan on tying down from the very beginning nothing crazy

I know it’s much too early and they still aren’t in forever homes just wondering what others do and when they begin training

3 Likes

Like, LST, I usually wait until the 5th real node (Not cotyledons or the little mutant things that come after (LOL)… I have all my training in their 2 gallon pots and they are just now going outside this weekend. That’s just me and the plants seem to be ok. Know you probably told us already, but are those regs or autos?

3 Likes

Same here… 5 or 6 nodes before getting serious about training them… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

These are photos
And thank you
@kaptain3d thank you also …

Truthfully last season I was bending and training the mob boss in flower …so I want to try when the branches are much more flexible and younger …my goal is to keep them all below 4ft
3&1/2 if I can

Thank you

3 Likes

Never tried these …but when I do make my dirt up for those forever homes I’m adding earthworm casting which I have never done before …
I’m going to check these out too

2 Likes

I haven’t tried them but there’s a good handful of growers on here that are. I have, however, started trying Jack’s at a little stronger ration than normal. Girls are loving it. I’m also doing some pretty hands on training to my photos right now. I’ve managed to keep this one about 3” tall…

2 Likes

Yeah, I just looked at the price of the Grow Dots… I’ll have to think about it. I have 30 gallon containers so it would be $150 for 6 pots… I could just try one of the pots but if they work, I would be wanting to spend about $300. Maybe I’ll try it when I run out the amendments that I have now

2 Likes

I have the GH liquid trio unopened. Half the FF liquid trio and almost full containers of the powders. An unopened sample pack of lotus (they actually told me it’s not enough to get through one plant), and I don’t know how fxxxin many organic amendments. Compost, worm castings, guano, seaweed, fish. All kinds of dead sxxx. Maybe I should cook something up.

1 Like

Sounds like me… I have a lot of stuff! I actually do use most of it though… some stuff just doesn’t need to get used a lot so it’s lasting a while. Last grow, I did start using the Recipe 420 dry amendments and the FF Jump Start dry amendment and I have to say I really like the simplicity of using them and the plants really seems to respond amazingly well to them! I also stopped ph’ing my water and just used my Boogie Blue filter to water in the amendments. It’s a lot to try and ph enough water for those 30 gallon pots and this year, I think I’ll have 8 of them.

Ladies are looking good. This was my first attempt at LST last year. Looks like 4-5 nodes.

2 Likes

Nice !!! Can’t wait to start mapping out where the colas will hopefully be …trying to keep them very low this year but also create as many colas as possible …was even thing of trying to use a scrog net outdoors

Well 2 are in their forever homes and I was even able to ditch the peat pots all together
Have to run out for more ingredients lol I ran out and what I have won’t fill another 5 gal pot !!

Happy growing all

3 Likes

And now they take off!!! Can’t wait to see them make the bags look small!!!

2 Likes

Lol me too and now I have to pray they are ladies lol

2 Likes