Never too late grow journal …

Lol no but you are such a great friend to offer .that would drive me nuts as I wanna have a clue about what I’m growing

Not to say that some time in the future it may be fun to just throw seeds I have no clue and grab the females but I’m still learning lol…
And I suck

3 Likes

Survived their first night outside

5 Likes

You don’t suck :joy: you dork.

4 Likes

Looks like some happy little sprouts!!!

2 Likes

They are back in grow prison riding out this Nor’ Easter on the window sill lol…
The 707 kush looks sad ….those initial leaves are frowning

6 Likes

The droopy cotes are ok. I noticed some of mine do it, but for the most part they straightened out once the first one pointers came out. They’re looking good! Hope the weather warms up for you soon. It’s 90freakin5 here today and tomorrow.

2 Likes

Ahh man …that’s nice weather …it’s seriously almost like the end of winter here still …it’s as if spring is stuttering lol
I’m running out to try and buy a car lol…gonna lay down some paint when I come home …
Haven’t painted in a bit …
It’s gonna rain here all day so good day for it

4 Likes

Badass on the car. Hope you find something you like. Or at least gets you from a to b and back lol. Enjoy the painting.

2 Likes

Ugh! What a horrible time to have to buy a car! I lost my company car on Jan. 31st and I refuse to buy one… butI’m traveling 3 weeks a month so don’t really need one. I work in the automotive industry (Auto auctions) and wholesale prices are up 35-40% now. Dealerships are marking their new cars 35-40% over MSRP and still selling them! Talk about being upside-down in your car when the prices finally drop (when they drop). Companies like Carmax and Caravan are buying used cars at auction for OVER retail and still marking them up as usual from there.

1 Like

This weather is terrible. I was going to start seeds this weekend and put them outdoors in 2-3 weeks. Now I’m not so sure. Still getting down into the 40s at night and sometimes during the day like today.

3 Likes

No sh!t. I just had to get a new car. Got exceptionally lucky - it was a new car that was leased for 6k miles. But technically they had to sell it “used” all the same. So I managed to get it for under the “brand new” MSRP with an extended warranty that takes it out to 72 months or 100k miles. Compared to a lot of cars I had been looking at, that was an incredible steal. Tons of similar others were in the $35-40k range or they were in my price range but had 100k+ miles on them. Ugh.

2 Likes

I’m not even going to tell you what my final price on a 2014 Mazda CX-5 with 100k on it is
It’s embarrassing hahaha
But without it I’m screwed
You are 100 percent right it’s a shame we are seriously being taken advantage of

1 Like

Much too windy to-take chances
I think we’ve had 20+ mile an hour winds here for over 3 days straight and still going

They will be going into their forever homes …before Monday …which will be my first day back at work since October of 19
Won’t be home for 12 hours a day …10 hour work days 35 minute commute each way …
This season will be a challenge but I think I can still do it

2 Likes

Congrats on the job!!! And the ride too, that’s great! I need both of those things. Truck beat up and going quick. Glad things are on the up and up! Your girls will be alright. Whip your nutes up ahead of time if need, and if you can use distilled or RO water at water only, that will save time ph’ing.

1 Like

I kind of gave up on the Ph’ing lol …
I read somewhere that it makes no sense because every other plant growing outdoors isn’t getting Ph readings …idk why but I bought into it
I don’t plan on even checking it unless there’s some need to …lol
Thanks I’m the job and car …man a month or 2 ago I was literally about to let go of the end of the rope lol
Omg stressful
I’m also wondering about the nutes .,and if I can somehow simplify it …felt like a chemist mixing this and that …it worked but I gotta believe there’s an easier way than FF

2 Likes

Jack’s part A&B. You can get a 6lb kit (3lb part A, 2lb part B, and 1lb epsom salt) for $28 on ebay. That will last you probably 5 grows with 3 plants each in soil. I grew 4, in coco feeding almost every day, and used less half of the 2.2 lb (each) kits. It doesn’t need flushing. It’s easy to adjust if you need and there isn’t a reason to add anything else, except maybe microbes, but it’s freaking simple. And cheap.

2 Likes

Thank you …sounds kinda perfect lol

2 Likes

I’ve had these back since the beginning of April …there is like nothing open as far as flowers go around here even now …I wonder how they survive
I know they eat a lot of insects but I don’t have too many around yet

4 Likes

I also repurposed some old thick wire and a soy sauce jar …I actually have like 5 or 6 of those …
The red cap never seems to fade from the sun like the feeders eventually do.

Kind of cool and easy …the humming birds seem to like them more than the regular feeders .

One downside is they have to be hung correctly and the wire can be a bit of a learning curve to get the jar to stay level enough …doesn’t have to be perfect but if tilted it will leak …surprisingly they bobble around In the wind and don’t seem to leak

4 Likes

I think I might try Grow Dots this year when I transplant to outdoors

5 Likes