Never had a edible

Yep, in fact I’m about to go take some more pictures.

Can’t wait to see. What average yields of premo do you suppose you get? Any idea?

This grow seems a little disappointing i think, so I’m not sure, but i better get at least an ounce and a half from it.

Ok, I’m gonna finally go feed her and take her picture. I’ll be back later.

1 Like

I just found this thread. Edibles are my favorite thing for lasting pain relief. Every dinner I cook is medicated in one way or another. I always have coconut oil in freezer. I make mine in a crockpot easy peasy to do.

I start the day with medicated blueberry muffins, bacon egg and cheese biscuits, etc. and that lasts me till dinner. It takes 2 hrs to be fully kicked in and processed through the liver. Drinking milk with edibles makes it process faster. Effects lasts 6-8hrs, but can make it even longer if you supplement with day toking. Be warned, you’ll be incredibly high if you don’t wait several hours first.

The reason you can cook at higher temps is because it’s inside the food. This acts like a barrier from the direct heat. The oven may say 375, but the internal temps are lower or don’t go over for very long depending on the food being prepared. Ie. You couldn’t fry up chicken, but you can make a medicated dipping sauce for it.

Questions, ask away, I ain’t sc’red

4 Likes

What would be reasonable starting dose for brownies made with 1/3 cup of canna-butter.
The canna-butter is 1/2 coconut oil and 1/4 oz buds (unknown strain & quality).
@raustin @budbrother @covertgrower @momtomask

Depends on what size the brownies are. I would cut them into one inch squares to be on the safe side, you can always eat more. Eat one square and if you feel nothing after an hour, go ahead and have another square. It really is trial and error.

2 Likes

Thank you, @raustin, this is for my wife. She doesn’t use cannabis to this point. I don’t want her to have a negative experience. We are in the process of making the butter as we speak. Used dope that I have had from before I decided to grow my own.

1 Like

Agreed, you don’t want her to have a bad experience, so start very slow. Also, it can take up to two hours to feel the full effects of edibles.

1 Like

She claims to have gotten a buzz from “cooking” the buds and oil to make butter. We will see how she reacts when she actually gets a buzz. I agree @raustin, a small buzz would be best to start.

Our plan is make two batches of brownies, one regular and the other cannabized. I am guessing it is easier not to over do the canna-brownies if there are regular ones available to snack on.

3 Likes

Ahhh, excellent thinking! Lol, yes, once you get a nice buzz you naturally want more brownies.

This first batch your going to have to keep track of everything so that you can adjustt the recipe and dosage next time. If you have leftovers for tomorrow she can probably get her dosage down. Then you can figure out exactly how big to cut them.

2 Likes

Indeed, I actually used the precision scale to weigh out the buds (8.3 g). That will be strain and potency dependant but it will give us a baseline based upon unknown weed.LOL

1 Like

That’s perfect. That should be a good mild dosage for a first timer. I really hope you like it, the high is a little different than smoking and lasts a very long time. It’s just so much fun making different recipes, you’ll see. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

@merlin44 I agree with @raustin its truely a trial and error process.
For my edibles, Mrs. Covertgrower and I usually prepare shortbread cookies. I use cannaflour for mine.
Decarb 3.5 grams of flower
Pulverize, crush onto a powder like consistency in a food processor. Then blend it into the 1 1/4 cups of flour. 1/2 cup of butter, cocoa or vanilla, and roll it out to about 1/2”.
These are potent, and that’s the way she likes it. I can eat 1/4 cookie (approximately 3/4”x3/4”) and I’m doing just fine. She can eat two.
This really just saves the step of making canna butter, and is great for when you get low on flower.
We attempted brownies, but the results were less consistent in our trial and error. More flower was needed I think. Also we avoid the brownies as the kids might get into them, the cookies can be squirreled away somewhere out of reach.

6 Likes

Excellent @Covertgrower, I have added that to my recipe file. Looking forward to trying your shortbread cookies. Does the bud impart flavor? Or grittiness?

@merlin44 yes it does impart a green flavor. I typically blend in cocoa, semi sweet chips, and vanilla. Depends on your preference. I don’t mind the green taste, but the Mrs not so much. I’ve added up to 1/4C of sugar to make it sweeter like a sugar cookie.
The best results (according to the Mrs) are cutting in a handful of chocolate chips in the food processor.
This recipe is very versatile and you can adapt it to whatever you want to make that week.
This was the last batch. Vanilla flavors with a hint of chocolate.

10 Likes

No it’s not the same high. To me it’s better. It’s more of a body high than a head high. I won’t get into the metabolic reasons why, but your whole body is buzzed and it’s great. I can not drive doing edibles but love to go, go, go when I do one.

3 Likes

Careful I turned a BBQ into a sleepover with my brownie with the chocolate chip cookie top :clown_face::firecracker: oops “I warned them all before they ate any”

1 Like

People never wanna listen!
“…just cause I ate 2 doesn’t mean you should!” :dizzy_face::drooling_face:

1 Like