Neofirebird's What's Growing On? An ongoing journal

He’s not wrong…

2 Likes

Well I’m kicking myself - came across an old pic under shitty lights and they were filter than my overly lit gang been a few days since dining to 50% accidentally topped trying to put on new LST clips. Which makes me more irritated that she’s so squatty. Only have is she’s a photo not an auto and not flipped schedule yet either. So I can grow out of it before flipping. Here they are Critical Purple Kush

Northern Lights Auto Had to do some clean up leaf removal at bottom for air flow
Lemon skunk - I’ve confirmed this freebie is lemon skunk not plain lemon. Great reviews of it too. :grin::v:

6 Likes

That sucks. I am glad it is a photo then. Those look like the same clips I have. I have to bend slow. But so far I haven’t broke any thing.

3 Likes

It was the main stalk that I had been leaning LST but it had stiffenedYup more than I realized and I lost another branch as well.

1 Like

At least I have flowering stretch to count on to bring them up to size :grin: won’t have to worry about them getting too tall…

2 Likes

I think I saw your clips are they red too? If so then yep I stole it - I was like where have these been these years I’ve been growing… :roll_eyes::grin::v:

1 Like

Was thinking this morning when I got flowering stretch and turn lights up to 100% - it won’t stop the stretch? Right? I’m wanting a good stretch now. Input anyone? :grin::v:

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I think if they have enough light, they won’t stretch as much…
Maybe @dbrn32 or @Covertgrower could chime in on this?
And I think I read somewhere that a certain wavelength of light will promote the stretch…

From Google :

Orange and red light encourages stretching and results in thinner, taller stems. Conversely, blue light stimulates thicker stem growth and a shorter height therein.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It can impact the stretch, I typically don’t increase lighting intensity until after the stretch, or almost finished.
I haven’t played with a lot of lighting intensities yet. I like a good amount of stretch, so I encourage them with what I know. Genetics probably affect it too I’m just not sure at this point how much.

5 Likes

That’s what I do :point_up:

5 Likes

Hmm thanks all four chiming in - I’m gonna leave it at 50% and play by ear. But will keep in mind not to go full blast until say last four weeks of grow. Being autos I can have it to be up to 14 weeks. :grin::v:

2 Likes

I up my lights to about 170w for veg. Hoping they will want to eat a little more. I just had to raise my light again for my DT. She is really stretching.

2 Likes

Update keeping lights at just under 50% some defoliation here and there and Critical Purple Kush starting week six of veg (she’s the only photo)

Still looking for more stretch hopefully in flower :grin:
Northern Lights in week four - got a LST clip on her main stalk just in time, before I wouldn’t be able to…
Lastly Lemon Skunk began week four yesterday.

5 Likes

I’m sitting here thinking about all the times I stressed so much over how much room two girls always take up in the tent. As I think of the three buckets in there now, I screwed up on leaving my lights too bright. Never had enough power to have them not stretch - good light learning lesson I suppose. 🤷:roll_eyes::v:

4 Likes

Well, both! And haha yes I agree with you, I’d be zonked after one draw on the cartridge :joy:

2 Likes