Neofirebird's What's Growing On? An ongoing journal

Hmm lonely over here in my thread tag time. @anon33684698 @Myfriendis410 @Bulldognuts @MattyBear @CoyoteCody @kaptain3d @peachfuzz @Arrow etc.
Another pic post update: getting started again after a vacation for two weeks. Timed it so I could dry and start cure from last harvest. Now I’m finally looking at all three gals bucketed up now. First up Critical Purple Kush all crowded up as I planted her at the bottom of the meshpot and she didn’t stretch like I hoped - yet :grin:

Second on the bill is a Northern Lights I to watered from the bucket until I saw these widely spaced roots - I watered around the hydroton so as not to be just watering the rooter, so a good go wide roots. And already this pheno is showing purplish on first true leaves just coming in

And lastly a lemon just bucketed up earlier. Lighting is a pair of viparspectra XS2000’s in a 4x4. The HLG drivers put out 240 watts each and use Samsung 301 diodes. Essentially a Chinese HLG’s. Haven’t ramped lighting up to 100% yet but within a week.

8 Likes

im sure i was on your thread :thinking: …ill need to read back…baby planties … :star_struck: :sunglasses: :v:

3 Likes

I had to re read that I thought you said black panties! LMAO :rofl:

4 Likes

Hope you had a nice vacation! Good luck with the new plants!

4 Likes

lol :rofl:…then again :wink:…i have no problem saying black panties… :crazy_face: :rofl: :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

Looks like another amazing start my friend! :heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

In the context of doing before lights on or space heats up. NOT A MYTH: Allowing an extended dark period 24-48 hours before harvest

Many terpenes are volatile and evaporate in warm temperatures. As soon as the grow lights kick on, they begin to disappear.

Keeping plants in the dark until harvest time gives these delicate terpenes a chance to make it to the dry room.

1 Like

Pic updates Critical Purple Kush in second week

Northern Lights starting second week
Finally some :lemon:
Ready to become full again

4 Likes

Good to hear you had a great vacation. You have a nice start to this grow. I think you need to start another gumberry :grin: When I wanted to order some a while ago. They were out of stock. I get sucked in more by the names some times :laughing: I do look to see what the crosses are now. I still order some of the different sounding ones. I am just happy to grow what ever :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words, yes the Gumberry I’ll order again - off season :smirk: I think that’s the trick to acquiring some strains. Buy before spring, like during the winter - when you see them back in stock.
Yes the whole making thing is a little crazy.

3 Likes

Update pics I messed up quoting Critical Purple Kush age last time - she’s four weeks tomorrow. Looking for some stretch. I had to trim her bottom two fan leaves for airflow, she’s got more going on at branch nodes than you can see in this pic.

Northern Lights midway through second week.
And lemon starting week two today. I got her leaves wet opps.

5 Likes

A tasty vape we picked up in WA on vacation. It’s sub palm sized.

Great travel size battery!
These were some of the best - note the terpenes are listed as percentage. These varied by strain. :smirk::fire:

5 Likes

Wow! This looks fantastic! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Hey @anon33684698 carts or girls?? You’d only need one hit off that cart :grin::rofl::v:

3 Likes

Not mine but saw these elsewhere :blush:

6 Likes

Three days later: Northern Lights starting week three.

Critical Purple Kush in week four.

Finally scraggly looking lemon in her second week.

6 Likes

I forget. Are all of these autos? I know that is what you mostly grow :grin: They are doing nice though :+1:

2 Likes

Yes all autos with the exception of the Critical Purple Kush I mistakenly ordered a fem but I’m okay with it - it’ll be my third photo period. :blush:

2 Likes

Some initial LST with photo period exception this run - Critical Purple Kush.

4 Likes

:v::face_with_monocle: thanks for your likes @peachfuzz nice to know you’re looking in on me. :hugs:

2 Likes