Neofirebird's What's Growing On? An ongoing journal

I’ve never seen a pic of a partially harvested plant so here we are

And these buds from the mystery strain are huge

8 Likes

So a learning experience with the Blueberry photo, I should have let her veg longer - ideally in the tent alone for lots of room. It would’ve gotten much bigger and yielded better. I’m still drying so no numbers yet but I can tell it’s less than my average autos. :man_shrugging: Live and learn. On the other hand the mystery Buddha strain is getting huge. Much bigger buds more like a set of colas. I put my hand on the pic as I noticed there was nothing to scale the size against.

8 Likes

I took my grinder apart and got all the groves cleaned then dropped the pieces into a baggie filled with rubbing alcohol. So clean :grin:

4 Likes

Remind me. Is that ilgm blueberry? Mine stayed very bushy, I even moved the lights to 2.5 feet away and she just didn’t want to stretch out, should make for some nice buds though. Yours looks great!

3 Likes

You remind me that I should do the same…
Clean the grinder!

3 Likes

No it was Canuk Blueberry but I flipped at four weeks took two more to start to flower. So I jumped the gun should’ve vegged at least six weeks before flipping. I’m an auto guy, trying a photo seed. :man_shrugging::grin::v:

1 Like

My latest Amnesia Haze has started flowering at 33 days plus she stretched a lot for some reason (same light as the other babies under the same light). So she’s in the big girls tent as of yesterday but gee, there aren’t a huge amount of growth nodes to grow up and become fat colas! :rofl: So she’s essentially done the same you’ve done with the Photo Blueberry?

2 Likes

An auto or photo?

1 Like

All mine are Autos but she was impatient apparently!

3 Likes

I was pretty sure we’re both auto peeps :grin: I like a twelve week cycle or less. I just fed sand keep pH in balance in hydro and watch it grow. Got a new phone with a super lol camera - 64 megapixels. Taking forever I checked first file size is 25mb yikes they weren’t kidding hi res

4 Likes

4 Likes

When you say cycle, is that flowering cycle, or from seed to chop day??

2 Likes

Seed to chop day. I’ve had some go 14 weeks though…

3 Likes

I wish I could find a few more of those. I had a few 12 week autos. Most are more like 16+ I know the Blueberry was one of the few. And I never look for amber. That would add at least 3 more weeks :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Hmm could be in in hydro they start flowering in a month to six weeks.

2 Likes

Started week eleven and they look so mature compared to all my past grows…
More high res pictures.

5 Likes

I noticed as the colas stack up weight they lean outwards - opening it up for better light coverage. :joy:

1 Like

Sweet. Those look like what I got from a Critical purple. Big fat golden buds. Those are building fast now :+1:

1 Like

Wow that’s quick Neo! My average is sitting around 6 weeks to begin flowering then another 8 - 10 weeks of flowering :purple_heart:

2 Likes

@BStarr I think fourteen weeks was the longest grow I’ve gone through. Perhaps it’s the hydro increasing growth rate - autos are like preset to grow only so long until finishing IDK - genetics?! My ilgm White widow was done in twelve, you’ve grown that one right? How long did it take you on that strain?

2 Likes