Neofirebird's What's Growing On? An ongoing journal

Rock wool does work for hydro, however if you’ve gotten it to work without, then I would say it’s not needed.
Great looking plants!

2 Likes

Gotta drop seed in something besides hydroton so… Any clue to a bushy root vs

this I get big root balls eventually but would love to get fuller set of roots coming out of the mesh pot, I’ve got plenty of air… :thinking:

5 Likes

Rock wool is the ticket for sure. Follow hydro protocol and you’re in.

3 Likes

Root booster? Or go with the flow as it’s developing?

2 Likes

For a root booster, Tribus would work well for that. Sorry I might have missed that question. Dynomyco is another great product I’ve used, and it’s awesome.
Others have used recharge also.

3 Likes

I would suggest orca and hormex and hydrogard…
I use all 3 of those with great results… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Decided to go with great white powder should be what I’m wanting bigger roots below… :grin:

2 Likes

I can see my ladies visibly jump in size after I give them Great White :purple_heart:

2 Likes

That’s what I thought mycos was gonna do for me :thinking: on what @peachfuzz said I switched order to orca liquid instead of power for hydro. :grin:

1 Like

It has more benifcial bacteria in it as well … :+1::wink:
The orca…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for the input bro😁
I’m gonna run hydroguard along with the orca - ml/gal?

2 Likes

I will also point out your plants are just getting into the rez: they know what to do and you’re gonna have a nice tangled loofah of roots shortly. Make sure you’re 1 1/2 to 2" below net pot…

4 Likes

Oh yeah I’m ready, I’ve got a couple root balls on two other gals but have had bigger… So with a small OG starting, which always kicks ass root wise, I’m wanting more! So I figured add orca with hydroguard :grin: thanks @peachfuzz for the “definitive” hydro input :v::grin::sunglasses: we’ve all seen the trouble he gets up to with his grows :joy::rofl::joy::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Updates on what’s growing on :grin:

White Widow tearing out up. @anon33684698 I keep raising the light as White Widow is well over a meter now. Overall height in bucket is over five feet :grin: I finally cut this last fan leaf, what’s the slight burn seem to be?? Granted it’s the only leaf like that and the hugest last bottom leaf from vegging. Just curious.

5 Likes

Next up OG just got the orca and added to her and her sisters earlier today

And the before roots pic I’ll update tomorrow the difference orca may do to this new rootage showing before application.

6 Likes

Finally Zkittlez, I fimmed it early. I’m not experienced at fimming and topping. I know about it but haven’t tried until now.

7 Likes

Welp no time like the present to throw some LST at my OG gal.

7 Likes

Just upgraded from six to twelve gang air valve. I use all six lines with two buckets using three 4" x 2" stones each which is fine but running three gals now I don’t have to use a secondary smaller pump and have three extra for a fourth bucket if I lose my common sense LOL

4 Likes

And a rare out of tent shot of White Widow

6 Likes

Out of likes, but have to say! I really like…

1 Like