Neofirebird's What's Growing On? An ongoing journal

@neofirebird looking happy and healthy my friend! Stay Safe and Lit My Friend!!:fire::fire::fire::v::v:

1 Like

Update another Zkittlez on the way

and another White Widow both ILGM autos.

8 Likes

Zkittlez got fimmed and her bucket redone. How do my tight nodes appear? I noticed the biggest fan leaves looking off at the tips. No big pH swings but ppms have creeped up as she’s drank. So I’ll usually redo the bucket after five days - gets whatever it wants more of in fresh nuted solution. I stay in same week feed wise just redone. Kinda obsessive but as the roots grow they’ll uptake more with extra mass. they don’t mind the extra attention.

5 Likes

And another White Widow still waiting on roots to drop.

5 Likes

And a day after fimming and some leaf tucking. Still waiting for new tops to appear…

5 Likes

BTW this will be my first true fimming trial.

4 Likes

@neofirebird I was just reading up on FIM last night in my grow book! Im excited to see your results!! :hugs::hugs::eyes::eyes: nice work my friend!

3 Likes

@Ah-hee thanks I’ve been growing well enough so far IMHO, so I wanted to try a hand at this knowing I can probably pull it off :wink::grin::v:

1 Like

So been curing the Zkittlez buds - you recall I ran out of jars. Well the wife leant me another half gallon jar, the taste and smell has now started to come out from curing. :grin:

Was it @anon33684698 that asked about the trim bin tray? Kief city :grin:

5 Likes

White Widow Auto ILGM this gal’s Rockwool went into bucket after she popped out. I usually set the cube pretty low in the net over a single slim layer of hydroton, but I said let me set it up higher thinking this will help me get roots over a wider area coming out of the bottom. This seems to add much more time to get to the roots showing. Seemed to work alright for Zkittlez this second time… Took over a week to finally see the first root tail. Thoughts? How do you folks do this particular aspect?

4 Likes

Holy kief!!! :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes

How many Zkittles plants gave you that yield? And were they Autos or Photos? Great job my friend!
And yep it was me asking about the trimming tray. Holy heck look at all that magic dust! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just one gal in five gallon hydro bucket :grin: over six oz

1 Like

That’s phenomenal mate! Have you previously grown in soil or coco at all? I’m wondering if hydro gets bigger yields? Not that I’m looking to change over anytime soon lol :grin:

1 Like

Oh and they’re all autos, I’ve only done hydro, I started that way. I like hydro don’t know that I’d switch… :grin:

You, my friend, are an inspiration :purple_heart::+1:

1 Like

Well thanks :grin: that’s quite a compliment, the likes of which I haven’t heard in years regarding anything :roll_eyes::thinking::grin::v: really means a lot to hear. Made my night - maybe month :grin::fire:

1 Like

So I gathered my kief using a brush that came with tray. For those reading that don’t have one; the bottom tray is like a mirror like brushing a mirror. I didn’t weigh it just said yep that’ll work. :wink: I’ve gotten more before on other stains.

5 Likes

White Widow has dropped several roots now. So I’ve added the first week’s nutes for the roots to taste. Still waiting on topside :wink:

2 Likes

Zkittlez growing all over under where you can’t even see in pic. The fimming is starting to grow back.

4 Likes