Several days later

little fimmer flowering.
And OG

7 Likes

Looking good!!!

3 Likes

Looking great brother!

1 Like

Chem OG is loving the nutes & drinking like a biker. And getting jiggy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!

4 Likes

I posted this elsewhere, figured I should copy it here.

2 Likes

New talking point: let’s see what you peeps think about these statements I ran across. Makes sense like with the huge colas I’ve seen here with a few leaves. Thoughts on this subject? @Teacherttom1 @Covertgrower @PharmerBob @Amazon66 @Dbpooper @dbrn32 @MattyBear @elheffe702 @peachfuzz @PurpNGold74 and anyone’s opinions are welcome - jump right in. Link is at bottom to read whole bit.

" Strip n Spread – is the process of removing the vast majority of fan leaves once pistil production has begun. Opinions vary on how many fan leaves should be removed but I have seen all fan leaves removed and the plants still do fine. The advantage of strip and spread is that you will get thick, dense rock hard nugs and will have much less trimming to do later.

Fan Leaves – are attached to the plant via a stem. These are the main leaves you want to trim. The plant produces more than is necessary as in the wild bugs and pests will eat away at these. In a controlled indoor environment you can flower plants successfully with no fan leaves. This will seem counterintuitive to new growers but over time you will see how quickly these fan leaves will repopulate, and how well plants do without them." Cited here: https://growdoctorguides.com/dwc/flower/

4 Likes

OG getting bigger she’ll take over the tent once I harvested the other two. Buddha mystery seed is going to be the first to harvest of the three. Next Chem OG will finish for harvest.

she smells great. this is the Chem OG I’m thinking she’s gonna yield huge when they have gone through @PurpNGold74 what’s it called when plant eat themselves finishing sensence? I want to make her feed off the fan leaves

8 Likes

Loving what your doing there ! Looks Great!. I will admit it… as it’s in my journal, I kinda did that strip and spread thing this go around and must say if I didnt do that I may not have gotten the one plant to fill the 3x3 screen, it helped during Late veg and very early flower, feel free to take a look as the new fans are starting to get a little bigger now…but yes I took All the large fans off 4 or 5 times as the little fans took over.

4 Likes

I don’t do a full defoliation, but I take a good amount off twice during flower and here and there where needed. I’m gonna do a full defoliation on a couple of my next plants and compare to a couple the way that I prune now and I’ll document and share my results

9 Likes

I prefer to strip everything up to the canopy a week before flowering.

While in flower I try not to stress as much as possible. I will strip out colas as the pistils turn color an curl in

2 Likes

I only tuck leaves. I do clean the bottom 1/3 of the plant usually.

4 Likes

I’m open to new things and methods, however I’m too new to have any input worth anything. I do however do a light stripping of fan leaves during weeks 1and 3 of flower to help reduce humidity and increase airflow as well as open up the lower budsites that may be covered up. I have seen both methods used as well as no stripping and the quality seems to always come out great, maybe a little more labor in6with trimming my leaving more but once again I can’t really give much insight on this topic and feel that I am providing quality information. I forgot to add during vegetation I will tuck if I can rather than cut but I have taken fans during and through veg. also.

3 Likes

@MattyBear yeah tag me I wanna check it out.

2 Likes

Please, could you tag me in when you do?
I need to get better at this too…

3 Likes

I like to leave more fan :maple_leaf: then most. Cuz im away often and the leaves are great buffers to my mistakes. Without the excess foliage a few of my plants would have died immaturely.

As stated both methods have their merits. And id love to try a heavier defoliation one day. But its just not for me at this stage of my grows. Still interestd in a Matty Test Run

5 Likes

That’s exactly the way I feel. I always consider taking more, just can’t bring myself to do it.

4 Likes

Great thanks for everyone’s input. Earlier on my thread we talked about fan leaves providing for adjacent flowers - seemed the concensus was no - we went with the idea that the plant spreads the photosynthesis energy like our blood systems. So no not contributing to immediate adjacent flowering sites. The quote I linked above guy says sugar leaves will do photosynthesis just like fan leaves. Yeah I wanna keep a few fans around but in seeing peeps huge colas with little to no foliation just colas. I see now that’s what is going on.

2 Likes

Checking in on the girls tonight. :grin::sunglasses:! Trimmed then up earlier in the week. Valentine’s flowers :heart: for my wife.LOL :rofl::joy::joy:IMG_20200201_193744971_HDR|375x500

7 Likes

I :heart: colas!

9 Likes

Looks great my friend!

3 Likes