Neem oil.. someone said it makes plants toxic after flowering

thank you. i just fine it odd because the flowers smell how they are suppose to. its just really upsetting. i have 5 beautiful plants and im afraid now i may have to trash them all. this is a huge lesson learned. thank you again for your feedback.

1 Like

yes google is not accurate. thank you @covertgrower

1 Like

i appreciate that. ive never used a forum before and am still new to this forum so my concern was that it wouldnt be seen if i had added a different question to the thread.

1 Like

Completely understand, but when posting to multiple areas, every member here is excellent at tagging one another, and checking multiple threads throughout the day. So I assure you next time you post a question, it will be seen. Just tag a few growers, and if they donā€™t know, theyā€™ll tag someone else. As always you can always tag me too.
Happy growing!

5 Likes

thank you very much!

1 Like

My heart dropped when I read your first post seeing the use of Neem in flower. I really hated telling you bad news. I simply donā€™t have any information on whether the flower is going to be any good or not.

Probably the longer you can keep in flower, maybe washing the plants down thoroughly a couple of times (shower nozzle in the tub?). Maybe your treatment was dilute enough to dissipate before harvestā€¦only you will be able to tell.

I would ask that you report your results and hopefully others in your situation can be forewarned.

4 Likes

i will absolutely share my results. i wouldnt want this to happen to anyone else ever.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s rough man Iā€™m sorry my wife bought some neem oil when I had some insect problems Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t use it. I spend about an hour every day just picking topics and reading them on here I have learned so much. Best of luck.

4 Likes

What happens if we eat neem?

Image result for eating neam

Consuming neem leaves helps in reduction in inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract . Neem leaves also help in reducing ulcers and a wide range

Itā€™s not a killer itā€™s nature

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard or read that u can use Neem on flowers but has to stop 2 or 3 weeks before harvest to give time to wear off the bud. Not 100 on this tho I donā€™t spray my buds with much but peroxide. I did try the blue magic on a plant that had wpm pretty bad and itā€™s 5 weeks in flower. Itā€™s all organic stuff and says can be used til day of harvest mostly contains soybean oil even if they say I can use Neem til a certain time I know alot suggest not to cause it will make the buds taste different. Good luck man

2 Likes

It is a killer, maybe chewing on a Neem leaf wonā€™t hurt you butā€¦
http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/neemgen.html

1 Like

You can find a contradiction to almost everything on the internet itā€™s so :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: hard to find a straight answer searching the web. I was talking about neem with a guy on gwe forum and he is the one that ended up in the hospital from smoking it then another person jumped in and said they to ended up in the hospital I donā€™t know how truthful they were being but it makes sense if you had a slight allergy to something and you smoke it

4 Likes

different if you smoke it I think.

This is difficult stance for me to take, no shortage of naturally occurring things that will kill you.

2 Likes

I believe it was vitamin E in vape juice that was tearing up peopleā€™s lungs and even killed a few and probably a million people eat it every day

6 Likes

this is the first time I am ready that one can wash the buds. Ive been curious because I grow outdoors, lots of bugs around. Hot and humid here. @MeEasy , yes I have used neem oil recently , I spayed underneath the leaves.

2 Likes

what do you mean this is a difficult stance for you to take?

not sure what you mean by this?

He means there are a bunch of naturally occurring toxins: nightshade, hemlock, apricot pits, you name it. So just because itā€™s ā€˜naturalā€™ doesnā€™t necessarily mean ā€˜goodā€™.

6 Likes

oh i see now. i misread. thank you.

1 Like