Neem oil or not

I saw old post on spider mites and went out and bought this. Good or bad for plants in flower for 4 weeks? I don’t want to harm the giant buds but mites are becoming major problem.

1 Like

Ive never used it, but would not use it as they are in flower.

Azamax makes something that works, also californicus meat eater mites work. But I don’t know why I am talking, @Skydiver is the resident Mite expert.

It reeks. I cant do it…ill try what you suggest. Ty

Can you post pics on the insects your seeing or the damage they are causing?

Yeah don’t spray your buds with neem oil, they’ll taste horrible. Azamax or spinosad, and wash your buds when you harvest.

The spider mites and nats are not on the plants just a few running around the dirt and on the fabric pots. I just dont want to lose my plants after taking care of them for the last 3 months.is it because of the coconut fiber that these critters have arrived? Is there another soil that i can use on my next grow that will be less bug friendly? I was trying to diagnose off you tube what a mistake…

The critters wont sit still but ill try to get a photo.

Can’t tell in those pics…take in natural light.
Scoop one out into small container maybe and take pic.
There are soil mites that aren’t plant eaters and could be those?

i finally got a picture of the critter. Please help

I’m no expert on bugs, but unless you are seeing webs on your buds and leaves, it’s not spider mites. Also, if you gently press a leaf between your fingers - then inspect your fingers for little black spots. If you see little black spots, you just killed a bunch of spider mites. They’re tiny.
In the early stages, they are found on the under side of your leaves. In an infestation, you will see massive amounts of webbing between your leaves and buds.
Neem oil will help, you’d want to dilute it… but I wouldn’t suggest it in the flower stage.
Hope some of that helps :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Looks like a fungus gnat

2 Likes

Thx for responding. I have 7-14 days left till chop. Not infested just enough to make me worried. So close to med dry and cure.

I use neem preemptively on a regular basis. It works great. Unfortunately it’s not recommended for use during flower. It’s imparts some pretty harsh flavors if used that late.

The one pic looks a lot like a fungus gnat. If so BTi will easily get rid of them with no ill effects. Get it on eBay or in mosquito bits.

1 Like

Will do thx

1 Like

Just make sure whatever you get is Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis.

Personally, Neem oil products are often labeled for a variety of crops such as herbs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and ornamental plants. But in some cases, neem oil can damage plants by burning their foliage. I would prefer u to not use it on recent transplants or otherwise stressed plants.