Needing some help on nutrients

Hello, hopefully I’m posting in the right thread, but here goes nothing. I currently have a 10 almost 11 day old plant. She’s doing great with just distilled water and her medium is Fox Farm ocean floor soil. I’ve been letting her live off of that for nutrients but I’m quickly approaching her two weeks of life. I’ve been reading up and watching videos on nutrients but sometimes I feel like I’m not getting the full info behind when to start them, how much to start with and etc. so I was just wondering if anyone could help out with that. Thanks again everyone, this is my first grow! Here’s my girl from earlier today, she’s sleeping right now and has gotten much bigger since a couple hours ago!

1 Like

Hey Welcome! If you’re in ocean forest then you’re good for 4-5 weeks. Maybe even longer if you have autoflwers.

What are you going to feed them after the soil is depleted?

3 Likes

What nutrients are you gonna use , in fox farms most start at about 3-4 weeks, if your using the fox farm nutrients go at half dose ESPECIALLY at the beginning. Oh and I’d ditch the distilled and just use tap ( assuming it’s not well water) that’s been declorinated and properly phd( it’ll save you money and headaches down the line)

1 Like

Yes they are Northern lights autos! I was thinking of FF nuts but also have heard great things about General Hydroponics’ nutrients as well, so I’m kinda stuck between the two.

Either FF or General hydroponics! And yeah even finding distillate water recently was a huge headache.

If jacks 321 if available in your area, I’d look into that. Very simple to use and gentle

3 Likes

Okay! I have seen that specific product floating around a lot on other posts. Thank you so much for your help! You’ll probably see me in a couple weeks asking for more help lol. Also one last question just for future reference…when will I know my girlie needs nutrients added? Will her fan leaves start to show shades of yellow?

1 Like

Jacks 321, you won’t regret it. Simple, easy, clean and unlike FF nutes that like to have salts/minerals build up in the root zone requiring a flush every 30 days or so :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

With the ocean forest, you won’t need to feed for around 4-6 weeks. Do you have a tds meter?

2 Likes

Sweet! Is it the Jacks 321 dry powder? That’s all I’ve seen so far

Okay perfect. Yes I do!

I got my Jacks321 off e-bay 6 pound kit for 28.95

Jack’s is dry powders. If you get it straight from Jack’s, you’ll get 2 of the 3 powders (A & B), and you’ll have to get some Epsom salts from the grocery store yourself. If you get it on eBay you’ll likely get all 3 ingredients.

1 Like

And you don’t use a lot, by the way. A 25 lb sack would last damn near a lifetime for some folks. That’s why eBay vendors buy big bags and sell small bags.

1 Like

When your runoff gets below 1000 ppm, you’re good to start feeding.

1 Like