Needing another light

Anyone know anything on the new SF 1000 D grow light from spider farms??

3 Likes

Just a cheap 100w china light.

1 Like

hey Rusty, long time no hear…that looks like a good light, has the latest diodes and shows a good spectrum…

2 Likes

Good to see you also. Thanks for the info. I’m trying to relax and read these girls but wouldn’t ya know they are just as finicky as all gurls. (Autos) This grape ape (photo) will be big soon. This is so sticky its hard to deal with for a bit. After about 3 weeks in the jar its easier. Not to mention this weed smokes great.

2 Likes

The SF1000d may use Samsung diodes but they are not LM301. If I recall correctly it is the older 281 diodes. That is why the d model is $79 and the SF 1000 with LM301s goes for $127.

@RustyBuds it depends what you need it for. If a flowering light I would keep looking.

3 Likes

I did not find a D model when I did a quick search of this light…the one I found listed the new diodes…thanks for pointing this out for Rusty @beardless

1 Like

SF doesn’t put that in bold print, that’s for sure. The situation is similar regarding a light I bought 18 months ago. At the time it advertised using 301 diodes. Now it only says “industry-leading diodes”. Based on this mushy uncommitted garbage language I can no longer recommend the manufacturer. It could mean the diodes used are the same diodes that are used in an industry-leading toaster indicating it is on or off.

1 Like

yes advertising is not your friend and does its best to get you to do something you know you shouldn’t…

1 Like