Needing advice on fan placement please

Hello and thanks for reading!

Well its been a while since the last grow ended (one plant scrog) so im thinking its nearly time to start another

Have decided to design a complete room / box for the biggest grow i can manage!
Am looking at making basically a wooden box size 3m (l) X 1m (w) X 1.75m (h)
The grow will be a 4 plant scrog with each plant having .75m X 1m net space

Have worked out fan sizes needed for extraction and intake

My question is where do you all recommend placing the fans in a long thin room?!?

Ideas at the moment…

1 Have the fans in the middle of the room One extraction One Intake No ducting inside
2 Have the fans at separate ends to each other One extraction One Intake No ducting inside
3 Have the fans in the middle of the room One extraction One Intake Ducting for each fan run length of room with 4 vents (one at each plant) for even air movement (in and out)
4 Have the fans at separate ends to each other One extraction One Intake Ducting for each fan run length of room with 4 vents (one at each plant) for even air movement (in and out)
5 Have multiple fans spaced out along length of room Two / three extraction Two / three Intake for even air movement (in and out)

Does it matter or is just having the right amount of air coming in and out of the room all that matters?!?

Once again thanks for reading and any comments given!

1 Like

@man10101. Welcome back. :wave:
If you were to place your exhaust fan at 1 end and have the intake at the other that should do it if the fan is sized properly to the space.
But it wouldn’t hurt to have another intake drop down about mid way in your space just for some extra fresh air.
You will also need a couple circulation fans for over and def under your scrog net as well.
If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask and we’ll get the answers for you.
Lots of excellent growers here that love to help. :+1:
:v::pray:

3 Likes

Hi @Oldguy!

Thanks for the reply!
So one fan at each end would do the job although i like the idea of an extra intake
So what do you (all!) think of having 2 intake fans at each end with one extraction in the middle
In my mind this will draw the fresh air in from the ends to the middle of the room
Or if 2 intakes is better is 2 extractions also better?!?
Last grow was in an 80cm X 80cm tent so room length / fan placement wasnt a concern!

Will be using fans inside to help with air movement, probably one for each plant

And i fully agree with your comment about the “lots of excellent growers here that love to help.”
I did a grow journal here on my last grow and had a ton of help from a lot of different people… hence being back here now!

2 Likes

Personally it seems like a bit of overkill depending on the size of the fans.

I’m running an 11 x 14 room on 1 x 10 in 780 cfm exhaust with one 8 in passive intake.
No issues with heat or excessive humidity.
I also ran my intake hose to drop over top of the canopy to keep the fresh air closer to the plants. ( 2200 w of hps /mh ) lots of heat.:wink:

Let me tag a few others for their thoughts as well. :+1: :v:

@Covertgrower. @Myfriendis410.
Any thoughts or suggestions on @man10101 ‘s set up ?

:v::pray:

1 Like

I run one fan, 24/7, with passive intake.

2 Likes

Hi Oldguy!

So going by the size of your room one extraction and one intake will be more than enough for mine

Thanks again for the reply!

1 Like