Needing advice for a noobie

I absolutely love A.N. It’s expensive but worth it for me.

3 Likes

Absolutely mate :+1:

problem is weed is illegal, in oz… pretty much even with recent developments… ef the ACT…

in learning we have big biosecurity laws so all that good bacteria and fungi…

and we only have 25 million people, so no super good imported soil mixes… :disappointed:.

and our best is gardening supplies… unless im wrong?

1 Like

@Zenpha mate, I’m just going to have breakfast and a couple bongs, do chores then I’ll be back around lunchtime ok mate. Your getting great advice from @kettle @KinSEDC etc :slightly_smiling_face: Peck.

2 Likes

You are correct sir!

1 Like

makes total sense. once everyone gets more experience (not sure where you are in the learning curve, kettle) you can totally make your own soils. i know when i jumped on here first time people sent me recipes and garrigan spent some time explaining things, but it made my head spin. i just went with what i saw on a youtube video that i knew would work just to get through my first grow. you can only absorb so much. you need space too. not everyone has that.

2 Likes

at the top of the thread, its exactly what I said… :grin:, made up my own soils in the past, a while ago… 10+years…:grimacing:, id love to make that recipe :smile:

im indoors atm…:disappointed:, as you can tell I love growing outdoors, and in OZ bud its like its made for it… so ill always be watching…

2 Likes

thank ef, thanks for the glimmer of hope peck! :grin:

1 Like

and i’m now very happily indoors. outdoors turned me into a wreck. maybe next year, with a few grows under me i know i won’t die if i lose a plant. but this summer, first grow, it sure felt like the end of the world!

2 Likes

My pleasure mate :australia::+1:

2 Likes

me too, I love it but the disappointment…:grinning: its probably the best way to learn, free, pretty much, compared to indoors

in the end my biggest wasn’t a gorilla grow or anything, it was in suburbia in inner west Sydney. I went and let all my neighbours know what I was doing, but in the end even then I pulled early because you could smell it walking down the street,

but the excitement… :grin:,

2 Likes

That’s actually exciting to know hahah been waiting too long for it. I’ll stick with that germination method then :slight_smile: I think I’m pretty good when it comes to hiding the plants. I have pretty high metal fences over 6ft i’m fairly sure, the only way someone could take a peek a them is if they have a ladder or a helicopter. I’m not sure if that’s a big thing here, kinda scary that I can get busted from a helicopter haha but oh well.

2 Likes

Just in case. There’s no security this side, I’ll have to remember to keep names & places as aliases & cover our ass!

2 Likes

The Pol/Air :pig: have FLIR cameras to detect unusually high heat levels. Normally they may pick up 20plants in a field but that’s because they follow trails & reports of people being seen in the area. You shouldn’t have any problems @Zenpha , the pigs are after bigger fish :fish: & the dealers mate :slightly_smiling_face: Peck.

no problem man hahah sweet, all good. just gotta wait for some cash to get the coco, some other equipment and we good to go thank you and everyone else who has helped me thus far, i’ll still be needing it throughout this journey just appreciate ya time

3 Likes

G’day @Zenpha mate, just in case I don’t catch you around here the next couple days, Have a wonderful weekend my friend :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Hahah same to you peck have a great weekend. And thanks for everything thus far. I think my nutes shipped so shouldn’t be too long

1 Like

That’s awesome news @Zenpha mate! Just tag me bro, I’ll be here. Peck :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Here’s a cool video for you to watch while your waiting to start your weed growing journey @Zenpha . We all grow for different reasons, there’s a lot of Aussie terms in this I could relate to. https://youtu.be/NHyZXxmMa7o

4 Likes

Thank you so much peck, I’m about to get some sleep but I’ll watch it the first thing I wake up. I’m getting to a weird age where I love learning. I don’t know what changed maybe from all the weed I used to smoke I’ve been dry for almost a year now but hopefully this grow is successful. Thank you for your wisdom.