Needing advice for a noobie

Hey peck my day has been great thank you I hope yours is too, I’ll look around for that exact coco product the price isn’t too much of a hassle, As I’ve gotten older I’ve turned into more of a perfectionist so I want to do things right. I’ll also keep on the lookout for ph pens and such. Seeds should be arriving soon. I’ve I’ve got 3 seeds coming and I have chosen to only plant 1 in case something goes wrong I don’t all 3 to be effected. So if I fail I still have another 2 chances. Thank you again :wink:

1 Like

I think I have found a website that delivers but I’ll search in a hydro store too, is this the product you were referring to?

1 Like

That’s the shit mate :+1:, you can buy with or without perlite mixed in. Either way I’d recommend adding something like perlite/vermiculite to aid in getting oxygen to your root system. I hope your babies arrive safely and soon! I’m supposed to be mushroom tripping tomorrow…(fingers crossed lol) so in case I don’t get here, have a wonderful weekend @Zenpha mate! Peck :sunglasses:

ahh i’m actually jealous, i’ve watched countless videos on the benefits of taking shrooms, (full tripping and microdosing) to the point where i was going to grow my own, but that’s a different project for a different day. I’ve got so many books about fungi, that one psilocybin mushroom gave me so much excitement to learn about all types of mushrooms not just the tripping kind. After a successful grow my next venture will most likely be trying to find some shrooms, that and growing a ton more weed hahah, have a safe and happy trip i hope you learn something! and thank you again friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey mate so my seeds arrived, during next week when i have money i’ll be getting the coco and such, i’m still trying to find a website that sells the flora series of nutrients it’s been a bit tough.

also for some reason they gave me 3 extra white widow regular fem seeds lol not sure why, but i’ll take em

4 Likes

G’day @Zenpha mate, I’m glad your seeds arrived safely. You can buy flora trio on eBay. Using coco-coir a calcium/magnesium supplement is necessary, I personally would advise using silica also. I use these-

Uploading: 90611DA2-FF52-455C-A00F-DEC37331967C.jpeg…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hello @h2oj28 mate. I can’t help but think you may be right considering @Zenpha first plant. My first 6 or so grows was in soil, just to get used to it. Soil is far more forgiving when considering nutrient lockout from heavy water or toxicity or nute burn. @Zenpha my friend it is up to you how you want to grow, everyone has their own style and techniques. I just want you to understand that you are going to have to learn things like TDS/PPMs/E.C. as well as PH. With soil I just watered when my plant looked thirsty and fed once or twice a week with PH’d nutrients. But with coco, I’m constantly checking PH of everything that goes into my pots- collecting the water run off & checking that also to understand the PH at the root zone & how strong the PPMs I water in, as to how much comes out the bottom for collection, tells how much the plants actually eating and whether to increase/decrease my feeding schedules. I take notes daily for comparison and adjust accordingly. Don’t get me wrong mate, coco should give you higher yeilds & faster growth rates, but it can be overwhelming for a beginner. I’ve been smoking weed for about 30yrs & To this day, the best tasting & most potent weed I’ve ever had was grown in soil. I’m going to tag a couple of friends in just to give more advice, options and views. I’m very happy & excited for you to begin your journey into being a weed farmer! Peace&love, Peck. @Not2SureYet @kabongster @StillSmokin please guys chime in anytime, let’s get @Zenpha growing some of the best weed ever! Cheers, Peck :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

6 Likes

go soil bro… you wont regret it. I agree the best tasting weed has been grown in soil… and yields can be just as bud or bigger… :smiley: good luck

3 Likes

@kettle oh wow okay I didn’t know coco would be so technical hahah, okay since it’s my first time I’ll keep it simple as you two suggested. Soil it is then boys! So what pre made soil would you guys recommend that I get? And would I have to add perlite and such to it? Seeing as soil is much simpler I feel more comfortable going down that route.

Also sorry if it felt like I was disregarding you @kettle I really do appreciate your help a lot mate.

2 Likes

I started in coco. So I am bias here. For me. It was easy to learn. If you choose coco. The one thing I will say is. Forget about trying to figure out what every thing in your run off numbers mean. just look at them at face value. You ph in at 5.8 and it comes out at 6.0 you are good. I just fed light and didn’t worry about the TDS/EC numbers as far as they come out. I do now. But I let my self learn the basics first. I did very well on my first grow. I had great teachers here and listened to them. Even if it didn’t seem to make sense at the time. I still did what they said and ended up with 4 great plants. I buy all my nutrients in gallons now. I have no desire to grow in soil right now as I think I finally have my growing program figured out. The silica was a great addition to the plants. If you are interested in more info. You can just tag me. I will try to follow here. But am linked to more thread now than I realized :grin: My best advise would be. If you want some thing that is pretty hands off. Soil is the way to go. If you don’t mind watering every day and want to be a little hands on. Coco or Hydro is the way. You have way more control over things in coco as to soil in my opinion. And I can only go by what I have seen. That is the one down fall to me never having grown in soil. I hope there may be some thing in here you can use

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Flora-Bloom-Fertilizer/dp/B017H73708/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=flora+grow+trio&link_code=qs&qid=1573061522&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-4

5 Likes

Thanks man I appreciate it I keep flip flopping on what I wanna do, I can’t really decide at this point, obviously you and peck have experience in coco so I should be advised to just stick to the original plan which was coco. Unfortunately that seller does not ship to Australia I’ll look on amazon and see if there is a seller that does

3 Likes

I have all the time in the world so I don’t mind watering everyday it’s all good I can be very hands on

3 Likes

You may want to try a search for natures coco coir. I can’t post a link for it. But I am pretty sure they send all over the world. And @anon43727043 has some nice grows going in the lab. he is one of the mentors over there. I am always willing to help any one that may need it as well. I have a lot of free tie lol

3 Likes

man its %100 percent up to u…

with hard work you can accomplish anything. :smiley:you will learn heaps if you go coco, just a bit of attention.

this takes 3 months of your time so its what going to make you happy for that time, you don’t want to grow 3 autos in soil the whole time thinking… I really should have gone cocco… :grin:

you could always go coco now, plant a few seeds in a couple of months in soil, or go half half.

there are people who start in dwc and kill. and there are people who start in dwc and kill… all there plants.:grin:

you really should go and look at your plants and go… im happy how this is going, I happy to be around ‘this’, not thinking I bet they would be better in… your plants your decision. :grin:, neither are wrong. :grin:

you’ll be right mate,

5 Likes

Yep, or do one in each :grin: Wait. You didn’ thear me say that right lol

2 Likes

Dont forget that you can always go the kind soil way and eliminate nutrients altogether. This is an example of what kindsoil can do , excuse the yellow as they are finishing up . No nutes just ph’d water of 6.5 with good steady temps and perfect rh

7 Likes

Or here’s one in media (not coco but close):

9 Likes

@Myfriendis410 is that a auto ? What strain ? All I k ow is that’s a damn beauty

3 Likes

That was a commercial strain; Game Changer. Female instead of feminized. Promix and the GH Flora full Monty lol. 402 grams of flower.

4 Likes