Need to switch light schedule

So I am starting back up work now the weather is changing. Right now my lights are on at 10am, off at 9pm, 5th week of flower. Could I change that to lights on at 5am and off at 4pm without issue? I would let it stay on the current schedule of turning on at 10am tomorrow and change the timers during that light on period to turn off at 4pm same day. This would allow it to stay below the 12 hours on.

Edit: The reason for the change is that I will be working from 6am till 7pm daily, and I hand water at lights on.

I think you have the right idea here. Making sure the 12 hour dark cycle isn’t broken during flower. Yes, it would be better to have an extra long night, or a extra short day, than a extra long day during flower. And doing it this way shouldn’t cause any significant drawbacks.

~MacG

1 Like

Thanks MacG! These Goldleaf are looking amazing, 36 days in flower and colas already fat and long, would sure hate to loose them :slightly_smiling:
It would be an awkward conversation with my district manager having to say “I can start in 4 weeks, my babies are nearly done blooming”

1 Like

I had a few issues with my timer getting it dialed in.
But kept it at 12/12 . I have had no issue what so ever. So as long as you make the switch and keepnitbthat way you’ll be fine.

Will

1 Like

Made the switch yesterday and checked this morning. No signs of the plant stressing, leaves were nice and perky, ready to start the day :slightly_smiling:

Great glad to hear allnis well.

B Safe
Will

1 Like