Need to dry/cure for edibles?

I’d also suggest using some sort of coconut oil instead of butter. It’ll come out more potent. And if you have things like stems, like I do, I use less butter or oil then with all flower, so it makes it more potent as well. But that’s just me. And I suggest looking into the magic butter machine. Its amazing.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks but this bag is all I got for now… I don’t think it would make a lot. I mean I don’t even know what it takes to make let’s say… brownies. Maybe I should wait until I have more

That would be enough. You just need to learn exactly what your doing first. Like I said, you could make it into like 1 stick of butter instead of 2 or 3 and make 1 batch of brownies. Or coconut oil.

1 Like

The butter would probably be the best bet no? Because it lasts longer? I’m sorry I never cooked edibles before I have no clue

1 Like

Coconut oil would last just as long as long as their stored correctly. Look into the magic butter and read on their site. You’ll get lots of help with edible their. And I’m sure you can find a lot of people that can help a lot more then me.

2 Likes

Is it a forum like here?

I dont think they do. But there’s tons of stuff to read and recipes.

1 Like

Even if you dont buy the magic butter machine from them, the site will teach you how to make all sorts of edible. And how recipes and all that. And if you dont find it there ask around more here or Google it. I’ll keep helping with what I can.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Black thumb had some really good non butter machine recipes rip

1 Like

The only thing that makes is more confusing it’s cuz half these recipes they use actually bud I’m only using clippings

2 Likes

Yup I thought she posted a conversion of trim to bud trim is about 1/5 as potent as bud

1 Like

That’s why I said use less oil when you make it to make it more potent. I’d use all that and make 1 stick of butter or a little coconut oil so it would be pretty potent.

2 Likes

Yea, it’s pretty much the same thing, just lower potency cuz its trimmings. But, as I said, little to more ratio. And when I read those recipes, I ignore the bud ratios and just use my own for the most part. With a realistic comparison to the other ingredients. Can’t go too overboard lol.

1 Like

I love my Magic Butter Machine! I literally wore it out. Just started to whine loud during the cycle so have to get a new one. Look into the Ardent decarbing machine too if you use your MB alot. Takes it to the next level on potency and way less work decarbing. I mainly make RSO and make gummies from that.

2 Likes

I also use a infrared thermometer to keep the heat low during cooking to not damage any THC or get to much CBD or CBN. My 1ml gummies are insanely strong. 2 oz in 2 cups of Everclear in the MB for 8 hours at 130°. I do 1 cup of tincture at a time usually. 2 if I’m feeling crazy but that much oil makes the gummies not as solid.

1 Like

I’ll look into that ardent cuz the decarb box that came with the MB is pretty easy, but sorta a hassle at the same time.
Sounds like you need to come make some edibles at my house. Lol.

1 Like

The box was nice but got really sticky and hard to get everything out. The Ardent thing is just 1 button and wait. Haha, I’ll make a 3 oz. batch for us before I come.

2 Likes

Where do you live? If you dont mind me asking.
And sounds great. I can’t wait to be able to use all my trimmings and a bunch of stems I’ll save and I might go buy a syringe from the dispensary and put some of that into it. And flower of course. Make it pretty potent.

1 Like

I’m in St. Louis. I save my stems and shake and add all that on top of my 2oz I run too. I’m excited to get a grow done to use everything from buds to trim and stems in a large batch. I’ve had my medical card for almost 2 years. Just got my cultivation card this renewal. We still dont have dispensaries open still but supposedly this week. Where are you at?

1 Like