Need The Pro's (again)! WW Bottom Leaves Turning Yellow + I Think She's In Preflower.. Support Ticket/Pix Attached

Support Ticket
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
White Widow (Autoflower)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Hydroponic

System type?
DWC w/ Air Injection

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
5.3 at present … normally 5.8

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
1/2 strength GH FloraDuo nutes (gradually increased). PPM 447

Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor

Light system, size?
450 watt Meizhi LED Reflector Series

Temps; Day, Night
Day 80-84 (lights on) Night 72-76 (lights off)

Humidity; Day, Night
44 to 58

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
No (only an 8 inch table fan to circulate air)

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
NA

Co2; Yes, No
No

Comments & Pix:
WW bottom leaves began turning yellow few days ago… I removed a few. She is drinking at least 1 cup liquids past couple days…roots are growing profusely…so is she…2" past couple days. Today pH is 5.3 & usually she maintains a 5.8. PPM is 447. Bought Epsom Salts as this may be Mag Deficiency?..have not added any yet. She appears to be in pre-flower…has white pistils…more appear daily?

Close up of some bottom leaves I removed.

I don’t know what to think as she looks/feels healthy to me other than the yellowing leaves. Should I add some epsom salts or…what to do?

Mucho Thanks In Advance ~Key

2 Likes

what is ppm rightnow and what was it when you mixed for last res change?

1 Like

PPM 400 … pH 6.0

sorry 4got last res change… was 387

and today she’s 447? or 400
Basically did ppm climb since last res change til now or drop if it rose than would explain your ph drop but ph should be more stable
have you been adding Cal-mag and Armor Si as per GH suggestion?

1 Like

Today she’s 400 & has drank about 3 cups H20 since last night. Am adding Armor Si each res change 1/4 tsp… no Cal-mag (bought Epsom Salts in case of Mag deficient) And roots are pure white…no insects.

If she is starting to eat faster you are going to want to raise your ppm Cal-mag is usually a must in hydro Epsom works in soil and during flower because it doesn’t add N. If she is starting to flower her needs will rapidly increase could easily be either Cal or Phospsorus which she is seeking I would try a ppm bump to around 500

1 Like

Will increasing her nutes a little raise ppm? So I shouldn’t add any epsom salts to res? It will take a few days to order Cal-mag & delivery and I don’t want to lose her…she’s beautiful. :heart_eyes: Oh, should I remove all yellowed leaves?

leave the leaves for now and try just increasing ppm when Cal-mag comes in you can add it at a top off and if ph drop is predictable then set ph around 6 at top off to help raise ph

2 Likes

Thanks so much Donald… Am getting on it asap!!

3 Likes

@Donaldj … You were right on point about her needing Calcium… both ladies have been getting CalMag for 6 days. The difference is amazing. Thank you again for guiding me Donald!!! Pics were taken 3 days ago.

White Widow Happy Since Adding CalMag… 16" Tall

White Widow & Gorilla Glue#4 Since CalMag.

2 Likes

Glad your grow is back on track can be tricky figuring out def at times but you only get better at it through practice

1 Like

Sorry I’m just now replying (been sick) but still taking care of my ladies :leaves::herb: Hell Yes, it sure does get tricky but I’ve had a lot of top-notch help along the way (Thank You) & have learned a lot…still learning… One thing for sure; Ya gotta listen to your plants… they talk to me daily!!! And look what I’ve got now! :scream: I’m so tickled!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lady Widow… In all her blooming glory!!! :boom:

Ms. GG with the widow… It’s a jungle in there!!! :star_struck:

2 Likes