Need Tent Size and Light Recommendations

I’m looking for some guidance on this topic. I have a 2 ft wide 4 ft long grow tent that I prep all my seeds in, early in the year. I had 3 cannabis plants in their among vegetables I grow and it was way overcrowded. I transplant all my plants outside in spring, weather permitting but I want to get a new tent for next year. I put my cannabis in 3 gal pots and they usually are in the tent for about a total of 2 months give or take. I’m going to be doing 4 cannabis plants next year in 3 gal pots and I want to know what size tent I should get. I don’t need anything too big because they’re not in there for very long. I also wanted to see if someone had recommendations of a light for this new tent. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

1 Like

Would this tent be for Veg only?

Correct. Early veg

Heck…. You could get away with fluorescent lighting in a 4x2

But I think I would go with an AC Infinity 3x3 and an HLG 135w BSpec kit and an AC Infinity 4 inch fan

AC infinity total with promo code growcast15 would be $168

Light is on sale, also for $168.

2 Likes

Here’s a 5x5 with 4 plants at 2 months of veg

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Your pot size seems a lot larger than what I’ll be using though. I should’ve clarified too and said that 2 of the 4 plants will be autos. My plants were a lot smaller than the ones you have. Here are some photos. Either way I appreciate the insight. image|375x500

3 Likes

Thank you for the info! I’ll give them a look. That’s about the price range I was thinking and what I ideally want to spend.

1 Like

They’re 5 gallon pots… but yeah doing two autos will also make a huge difference. LST have mine bushy
Good luck.

1 Like

Wow my eyes deceive me. They look way bigger. Thanks! I’m sure they’ll turn out just fine.

1 Like

One of the MOST important things I have learned here is lighting , I am on my second grow with the first being started with a cheap amazon light . After advice that I got here I upgraded to a Horticulture Lighting group QB series and the plants took of . Now with my second grow started using this light the growth is almost double in the same time frame . Your total yield will increase substantially win win > Give them a look .https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits.

2 Likes

YES YES Buy the best lights you can afford at least two of them your girls will love you for that We are wiating to afford another set of lights for our 4x4x6ft tent.

1 Like

After @NeoGroR recommended HLG I looked them up and did some extensive research comparison with other grow lights and I was really pleased. They’re definitely the best option at my budget. I’m looking at the 135W QB V2 Bspec right now and another 4x2 tent.

2 Likes

I would go no smaller than a 3x3. I have a 2x2 but it is very hard to maintain the temps and control everything, plus there isn’t much height.

I also have a 4x4 and that would be the best for a small personal grow to be able to control everything. I’ll link the one I have!

I’ve also built my own tents to my own specifications and it’s super easy!

1 Like