Need some opinions on grow lights

I hate selective fact checkers ………

1 Like

Your fact check was selective…….

Keep your comments civil and within the guidelines of the Forum Policy. Your post is offensive and has been removed.

1 Like

Thank you @Myfriendis410 I’ll edit it when possible. in all actuality you can just remove it because IDGAF. Have a great weekend. :pirate_flag:

Far as I’m concerned I don’t care if they build them in the Smurf Village or even in Atlantis. The buds I grow with them have no idea where the photon producing power houses were made, lol.

3 Likes

I’ll put my Mars Hydro FC-E 8000 against any HLG product. 33 days flower 50 days minimum to go.

1 Like

I’m out of likes @Cap_Ron but I like your thinking. I’m just not going to let someone say they’re made in America because they are not.

Never seen anything tied to Tennessee, .

Fact chinese owned the patent until this year for the cob, circuit on board. Thus named trademark only “quantum board” they, hlg own the name like chevy trademarked the silverado. They invented nothing.

Fact, 7 factories make samsung diodes, 2 are in china, only 1 in usa, austin tx. 4 others, ties to china, thise plants were “moved from china”.

Fact, both drivers that were used by hlg, made in China, Invertfonics snd Meanwell.

The diode, driver, the board all once came through china.
I do love my HLG assembled light.

1 Like

I purchased the HLG 95w to run my closet because some “person” on this ILGM forum told me it was made in AMERICA. Well when it came in it said MADE IN CHINA right F’ing on it. I would have bought a different light because it was cheaper and stronger but no some “member” here led me astray with BS!!! So fact check that!!!’

@Mosca I’m out of likes!!!

I have worked in a plant that produced printed circuit boards, and it can be done in the USA. Very impressive equipment that makes these boards.
HLG imports the Samsung LEDs and other components. The LEDs come on a roll that looks like a big roll tape. HLG assembles the boards, and builds the lights in the USA. By building their lights around just two versions of boards QB648 and QB288 they can be competitive with the imports.
With that said, HLG does resell some accessory lights that are made in China.

I’m out of likes @Ickey. I’m sure some are made in the USA. Not all. We have the capabilities to manufacture penicillin in the US doesn’t mean we do.

I have asked the gate keepers that used to use the term top bin and lower bin to explain this. Never get a answer, yet it used to be selling point.

And @frogyrogy I did not flag your post that was deleted. I don’t flag people that are offensive. I believe in free speech and everyone here has the opportunity to block or mute me. I’m not a flagger :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It was said big things to come this year from HLG, patents laws are in place for x amount of years, china’s patent expires this year, hmmm

These diodes, when manufactured, come out of the process with more or less efficiency (more lumens per watt of power in) and are segregated based on those performance criteria. “Top bin” refers to the most efficient diodes that come out of the manufacturing process. That’s all.

You will generate the least waste heat and have the highest photon output with top bin diodes. Will they grow weed better? Probably not. Will they save money long term in electrical usage? More than likely.

Manufacturers test and select for use only the best performing components (LEDs in this case.)

1 Like

Thats the theory, yet no actual bins.

I have navy ecectronics background and a biomed degree, very good electronic back ground.

If a diode doesnt pass, it dont pass. There are 3 types of data sheets, cri 90s 80s 70s each seperated by efficiency. Coloring rendering index, very important in selecting the most efficient diode.

1 Like

Here is one of the main problems. Chinese export law allows their products to be only 20% of what is claimed. So if a Chinese manufacturer claims Samsung diodes they can get by with just using 20% Samsung.
@Fatz1973, @frogyrogy, let’s just say that we are all brand loyal, which is a good thing. And put our differences aside and get back to helping the OP.

We know this, Hlg knew that, yet they still use their products to assemble high priced lights and sell to us good americans.

1 Like