Need some opinions on grow lights

A 350R works very well in a rectangular tent like you have, and is recommended for flowering a 3x5 area. This light has the Diablo boards in it. HLG only has to run these boards at about 65% of their rated current, in order to obtain the light’s wattage. This results in a much cooler light, and a cooler temperature under the light.
If you pick up a refurbished 350R, with a 10-15% discount. You are getting petty damn close to one dollar per watt. Anytime one can pick up a modern HLG light at close for a dollar per watt it is a good deal.

4 Likes

The HLG 350R kicks ass in my 2x4. Never gets far above 50% even during flowering. Should have plenty of light to flower a 3x5. Mine is a refurb and has been the best investment I’ve made in my setup so far.

Anyone know when their next 25% off sale is? If it’s soon you could get a refurbed 350R for $300. I don’t think anyone can say that isn’t about the best bang for your buck out there right now. Even without the sale it’s well worth $400. Any discount just makes it an even better deal.

3 Likes

It depends on what you want to push out of the 5x3. One 350R in there will do an awesome job by itself. You can get 3 decent size plants under strong coverage that way. If you wanted a 4th decent size plant, that would be fine as well but the outer parts of a couple of them would be outside of the prime light area.

If you have the available height, the 350R is plenty strong enough to raise up higher than normal from your canopy and crank up the strength a bit. That will cover a wider area.

I have a 350R in a 2 1/2 x 5 and it gives great coverage. There have been times I’ve had the tent way overcrowded and I add a 300RSPEC on one end, but it’s not really necessary.

1 Like

Not to be to personal, but can you grow, have you grown, before?
Reason I ask, you can start small with seedling, clones, and go bigger for vegging and Flowering.
Wishing you well and not wanting you to be disappointed.
I am willing to consider selling body parts for AC-I and HLG (now) grow equipment.
The 350R blew me away, exceeding my expectations, in the month I have had it.
Now I dream of bigger HLG lighting.

2 Likes

I asked the same question for my upgrade, following the direction My HLG 650R is an awesome light, I have a 8x6 area I try to use most of, I also run a 330XL LED. Veg closet has my Spider farm 2000 perfect. I run my 650 at 60-70 percent. There was another that was suggested to me for a bigger area which I would probably spent the money just because of the difference the HLG has made, just a lower electric bill is a bonus.

I know everyone has you covered just sharing my experience.

1 Like

Such a difference, I will finish off this grow, and re-design for the future.
$150.00 a month for grow electricty, currently. Using HLG only, I could cut that down in half, and still run better grow. The real differnce over and above, HLG quality, better lighting than I have, mostly, and less electricty, the reduced heat signature would allow continous summer indoor growing with minimal A/C issues. WIN WIN, need new roof and solar to go bigger, better, and stay home.
Thanks, good growing to you. HLG350-R uses half the wattage (200) the VS-V1200 maxes (550).
gaps in the 4x4 due to equipment size (V1200) Huge HOT-ROCK. Two 350R would fill 4x4 and no gap with 30%more lighting available or 20%less electricity (maybe both)

2 Likes

Their current offering is hlg-200 r-spec. It looks like a diablo board.

1 Like

Tried a HLG 100 RSpec in my 2x2 and sending it back for the 200 RSpec. I have the HLG Blackbird 600 in my 3x3 and it’s overkill! It’s designed to veg a 6x6 and flower a 4x4. I haven’t even gotten it half way up and was at 70 DLI.

3 Likes

Not a clue, but with the 420 holiday next month … :thinking:
They seem to post their sales in real-time in their email newsletters.

3 Likes

I run the 600R in my 3x3 I don’t think I have to turn it up past 50%

4 Likes

Good info here. Thanks for the response

1 Like

Yeah i can grow although i am still new only on my second grow…

1 Like

I take it from a couple of your posts that you are a Navy AT? I spent a small amount of time in Iwakuni, Atsugi, and Yokosuka in 1995 when I was installing support equipment (CASS stations) and doing software upgrades for the F/A-18 program. I was working for COMNAVAIRPAC at NAS North Island at the time.

1 Like

HLG is designed in America. The lights are built in CHINA!

I have a light built in China too. Just don’t want people thinking they are doing Americans any kind of a favor but buying HLG. Mars Hydro lights are solid and for the price they are too notch. I have zero issues with the FC-E models or with their BridgeLux diodes.

You should fact check such statements . . . they build their QB fixtures in Tennessee, USA

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying…

Oooooooo one piece you’re my hero!!! I got something for you to fact check. You should work for CNN they need fact checkers galore!!!

1 Like

No hero here brother . . . you’re just mistaken, bad info is just bad info no matter how smart your mouth is.

1 Like

So whomever said they are built in America is wrong too because THEY BUILD SOME LIGHTS AND COMPONENTS IN CHINA!!!