Need some opinions about buds

I accidentally cut a bud off my plant not the main cola but I’m just wondering will in hermaphrodite my plant

1 Like

@Stonerkid47
Nope. That alone wouldn’t do it.
Light leaks. Nute lock outs. Poor genetics. Light schedule inconsistencies all will contribute to a hermie plant.

Got any pics in natural light ?

:v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Whew thank the lord lol! yes I do here you go.

2 Likes

Also she’s a auto

1 Like

Looks good. Give her another 4 weeks or so.
She’ll fatten up for you.
:v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

It’s possible, in my experience. It really depends on the genetic disposition. Evolutionarily, it’s an advantageous survival trait. If you’re a plant, and you sustain damage due to a large herbivore, there’s a good chance your neighbors will suffer damage too. It isn’t about self-fertilization; It’s about ensuring genetic exchange with your neighbors, whether they’re producing pollen, ovum, or both.

Edit: I’m not predicting a likelihood of the plant expressing hermaphroditism. I’m only explain that it’s a possibility.

2 Likes

I performed a genetic exchange with a neighbor once, she didn’t hermi. But eye contact was avoided for a while

7 Likes

:laughing: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Lmao. Omg this was too much. Ur good i cut buds off my autos all the time on accident and on purpose if its not wanted in a spot neve had an auto herm on me yet. Ive even taken half of tge plant and let the bottom half go for a month longer and still no problens. Ull b fine

3 Likes

“On accident” huh :wink: I call that sampling the goods.

2 Likes

I would nuke that nug for 1 min on high in a microwave. Then smoke it. It will give a good indication on how its progressing. Sounds ghetto but it does work.

3 Likes

Time for an early sample! Smoke it!

I can rarely help my self from trying samples of premature flowers at least once a grow. I Stick a tiny bud in the toaster on “warm” for an hour and toke it. Yeah it’s not cured or anything and tastes green but it’s fun to sample at different times just for the experience of it. Obv don’t go smoking your whole plant like that lol

1 Like

Never tried the microwave, I’ll have to give it a go next time. My toaster has a convection setting that works great for a quick sample dry.

2 Likes

The microwave decarbs it in 1 min on high. I have done it many times. In fact, I found this on here a long time ago. It only works when the plant has plenty of trichomes showing.

I will keep a few popcorn sized nugs on the bottom for sampling purposes.

2 Likes

Gotta appreciate friendly neighbors.

3 Likes

Appreciate you brotha!!

1 Like

You really do lol!

Maann hell yea I’m on it

Exactly my friend an accident

Not at all my friend thanks for helping me enjoy my dank earlier!