Need some help with White Powdery Mildew

I have 2 photos and 3 autos outside 24/7 in WNY. Ive been dealing with WPM for a month now. I was using Neem oil but they are all flowering now so ive been spraying them every other day with 50/50 peroxide/water. I just lost a auto a few weeks ago to bud rot. It was about 3 weeks from being done.
Is there something else i can use while in flower other than peroxide??

1 Like

Wish i had a good answer for you. I was going to suggest the peroxide mix as well. It def has been a narly summer, in western ny. Mines indoor but humidity stll been a challenge. I will say this though, if you can when it rains get out there and shake the stem to get some water off. Every bit helps.

1 Like

mouth wash 50/50 half water half mouth wash…I SWEAR TO U IT WORKS, spray at DUSK, ive used it for MANY years
also trash the neem crap get CAPIN JACKS DEAD BUG BREW u can use it right up to harvest time just know that capin jacks will kill ANY bug good or bad

3 Likes

Totally agree with :point_up_2: dude on captain jacks

1 Like

recommended to me but have not used it

Another is

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I will be trying the captain jacks this weekend.

1 Like

I don’t think the Capt Jacks will help with the WPM. @beardless suggested a product I’m seeing outdoor cultivators using :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

What @beardless recommended. Good luck, I just chopped 3 because of that chit. Must make sure you spray EVERY inch of the plant. That was my problem. Good luck. Captian Jacks is for bugs, just an fyi. @Lph008

1 Like

Yes i ordered them both. They’ll be here tomorrow. Im first year grower, only harvested 3 autos so far. I’m really not familiar with all of this, so how much is too much of the WPM? Mine has been patches on leaves. Only parts not the whole plant by any means. Curious to know when its too much and to pull them?? Thanks for the help guys

I would plan on doing a bud wash at harvest in peroxide as that will nuke any residual and wash it away. You don’t want to smoke WPM.

5 Likes

How bad was yours? Couple of my plants look like shit from spraying them woth peroxide. Yellow/brown. Hard to detect deficiencies too.

Currently mine isnt as bad as alot of the picture ive looked up. That doesnt mean theres not a lot o can’t see though. I shake the water off after it rains, ive done a ton of defoliating…maybe even too much. I wont see any at all and then it just pops back up.

Yes ive read about that. I was going to do that with the one a few weeks ago that had bud rot. There was probably 2/3 of the plant not effected but tue buds were shitty so i tossed it all.

How is this process done exactly? Heavily spraying with 50/50… peroxide/water or different ratio?
Filling a bucket and dunking colas? Lol i need some info please

1 Like

It was pretty bad. I would spray the best I could, mind you they out grew my greenhouse, so I couldn’t completely cover the plants, so it would come back. They were a week or so into flower. I’ve been in this position before trying to keep under control just to end up with mildew in the buds. THAT IS A NO NO TO SMOKE, so if I have the problem I chop. Just remember dead mildew is still mildew. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::nauseated_face::nauseated_face: NO GOOD.

3 Likes

You might find a few tips in here.
White powder mold control and treatment - Troubleshooting - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum

2 Likes

The peroxide is probably too strong and burning the buds a little. Happens to me too. Try diluting it a little more. I’m trying agrowlyte this grow to change it up and see if it’s any better. I’m only 2-3 weeks into flower and it’s been dry, but weather looks to be changing so I’ll find out soon how this stuff works. Just did my first preventative spray this morning.

1 Like

I use a homemade spray made of food-grade potassium bicarbonate, unscented Castile soap (doc bronners) and water 2-3 times a week or more if needed up to and after harvest.

Mix 1 teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate and 1/2 teaspoon of soap into a 28-32 ounce sprayer and shake well to mix…

Spray liberally all over plants including leaves, flowers, stalk and top of soil.

Use to prevent or treat infected areas.

Try to keep plants out of humidity if possible and maybe even consider an early harvest if infection is severe enough.

Good luck!

1 Like

I have heard mouthwash works as a fungicide and helps keep pests away do you use the green mint or the yellow mouthwash ?

2 Likes

I chopped 2 yesterday and did a bud wash, i also chopped 2 and tossed them out. Which sucks but the buds were small and there was alot of wpm close to the buds/stems with a little bud rot

1 Like

I been growing outside for a few years, but this is the first time I ever had powdery mildew, i had my share of Bud Rot, The weather has been extremely wet and Humid key ingredients for powdery mildew , I’m using Agrowlyte and it helps, Good Budwash too , it’s not cheap , one thing I’m going to do next year is starting spraying Fungicide early before any flowering starts, instead of waiting until later, the mouthwash is interesting and it will be a lot cheaper than Agrowlyte

1 Like