Need some help please

Hi @drcree. You don’t need a container for the fabric pots, other than a potting tray to catch run off. Here’s a picture of mine, in 5-gallon SmartPots. I usually water them just until they start to run off, which is a couple of liters, for my plants. So these aren’t any messier than regular pots, but much healthier for the plants. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

i didn’t think about how much nutrients fox farms has and the lack of need for additional. thank you for mentioning that. also the big honkin vinyl saucers are a great idea. really appreciate it!

promix is a great idea and one i hadn’t thought of. sure am glad i came here with my plant problems

1 Like

wonkaman, you have some beautiful plants. i see the trays underneath and understand what you mean.
by the way, love gene wilder. anyone who was married to gilda had to have been a great guy.

1 Like

True dat. Gilda was a gem. There’ll never be another Rosanne Rosanna Danna!

1 Like

“So I was in the sauna, and there was Dr. Joyce Brothers, with this little ball of sweat hanging off the end of her nose…” :slight_smile:

1 Like

or todd and lisa. i can’t recall her name as the girl scout in the huge rocking chair

2 Likes
4 Likes

It just goes to show ya, it’s always something…

that was GREAT! thanks for the link

1 Like

i wanted to mention to those who assisted me with my plants that they have been transferred to 5 gallon fabrics with pro mix soil and are doing incredibly well. it even looks like they are smiling. thank you all for helping!

i do have some white blotches on some leaves and am attributing that to the pH change while flushing. sound correct?

2 Likes

Show us some photos! We’re visual people. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

here they are: amnesia haze af and maui

like i said, these were flushed with 6,5 pH water and think it might be a residual of that. just a thought

Hmm. A little nute burn on the tips, which looks pretty normal. I’m not sure what those white blotches are. They are very irregular. They look a bit like foliar burn, as if the leaves got a bit wet with something, while the lights were one. Might that have happened? I’m afraid I’m not sure what’s going on, otherwise.

1 Like

i do mist the leaves on all the plants with water on the off-watering days. do you think that is the source? strangely though, it is not happening to all the plants.
the burn you speak of was present prior to flushing so that is residual. i have given no nutrients since the flushing stage–just 6.7 water.

1 Like

I think what he meant is that if you splashed some nutes on a leaf and it dried, it would have that localized splotchy look.

1 Like

Yep. @Whodat66 is spot on. That’s what I was talking about.

1 Like

Sympatico dude, I gotcha :wink:

1 Like

With really intense light, a water drop can have a magnifying glass effect on a leaf and leave a light spot. Those usually heal a little. If nutes get on the leaf, it will bleach. If there are no buggies under the leaf, that is probably the culprit.

1 Like

definitely no vermin. thanks whod and wonka again for all your help. much appreciated

1 Like