Need some help on new leaves

Question from a fellow grower:

I purchased some seeds a month or two ago—so far everything is good (White Widow and Gold Leaf). Everything has germinated and seems to be growing well! Four of them sprouted on April 5, the other two on April 6. We’ve run into a problem that I hope you can help with, however. At first, we think we were guilty of underwatering and that’s why those leaves have turned the dead brown and what not. But we’ve changed that, we’ve been monitoring pH, we’ve been using the fertilizers and plant protectors we bought from ILGM. But for the last 1-2 weeks we’ve noticed that the new growth seems to be a yellowish green color. (I tried to get pictures but they’re not showing the color as well as I’d hoped.) we’ve been researching through the various blogs available trying to figure out if it’s a nutrient deficiency, but we’re having trouble diagnosing it. We think maybe iron, sulfur, maybe magnesium, but the available pictures and symptoms aren’t 100% describing our issue. There are also some spots on the leaves that you can see in the pictures. Do you think these are pests or part of whatever the other problem is? Do you have any idea what it might be? I know we need to accurately diagnose the problem before trying to treat it so I’m hoping you can help. I don’t know how significant it is, but they are in pots outdoors with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and a small percentage of worm castings. Can you help? Is this a nutrient problem? IS there a problem or are we just worrying too much and this just the color of new growth and it’ll darken as it grows out? Please let me know. Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

The new growth will be a lighter color over all your plants look good. With the ocean forest soil you don’t need nutes till they get a little bigger.

5 Likes

Those bottom leaves (cannot think of the name but they do have a specific name) will die off. They really help the plant early on but once you have multiple sets of fan leaves, they’re not nearly as important. I agree with @kellydans plant looks healthy overall and yes go easy on nutes with FFOF - check runoff and monitor. Should go from 1500-2000 down to 800-1000 ppm before want to even think about nutes. Well done :+1:

2 Likes

:point_up: “cotyledons”

2 Likes