Need some help maybe Cal def?

On week 8 right now, about ready to flush next feeding according to FF soil schedule. Been noticing brown spots on some leaves, mostly all on top growth. I thought maybe could be light stress or maybe calcium deficiency? Thanks in advanced for the help.

2 Likes

Use calmag when you flush Growmie and test the run off PH and PPMs :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

In your opinion does it seem like Calcium deficiency to you? Was trying to investigate and seemed like could be it. Ive added 1/3-1/2 dose whenever i feed but ill try bumping it up to a full dose next time.

Edit: i also use my tap water and always thought it might have some in there so i didnt wanna add too much, but maybe it wasnt ever enough.

1 Like

Yes it resembles a calcium deficiency and at the beginning stage so correcting this will be easier and less leaf damage. I would go full strength and with using the FF nutrients make sure you’re feeding and watering to liberal run off. Do you know what the run off PH and PPMs are? :love_you_gesture: what’s your tap PH and TDS, above 200 and there could be some elements of beneficial minerals but without a water report it’s difficult to say

2 Likes

I have been yes, usually at least 20% runoff. I just watered her Friday and she had ph runoff 5.2 and 1975 ppm. My water is about 300 ppm out the faucet.

Like i said before too, next feeding will line up with week 8 flushing.

Should i wait until it dries up and then flush with sledgehammer and then follow up with some nutes after?

My tap water is like 7.2 if i dont ph it down. I also air it out for a day or two in a bucket too.

:point_up_2: the low PH could be preventing calcium uptake and the PPMs are high. When you add nutrients to your water source the PH will drop and needs to be adjusted. Soil should be in the range of 6.2-6.8 and 6.5 being the sweet spot. Personally I would flush with just your tap that’s 7.2 and 3 times the amount of your pot size and very slowly. Catch a sample 1/2 way through the flush, test and see where you are. Soil should have a wet to dry cycle before feeding and watering again. Your PPMs should be around 1000-1200 for soil :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate it. So when i flush i should flush down to 1000 ppm and not add nutes after and wait for it to dry to add nutes again?

1 Like

With the FF trio it’s notorious for salt build up in the root zone… why they recommend a periodic flush. The main reason I switched from that to jacks, it’s also been my experience that being consistent on the PH and PPMs with liberal run off on water and feed days can prevent root zone issues. The run off will rinse those salts away from the previous feeding preventing them from accumulating in the root zone locking out nutrient uptake :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

:point_up_2: winner winner. I would be more concerned with the PH and getting that to at least 6.2 even if the PPMs dropped to 500. PH is critical for nutrient absorption :love_you_gesture: is your medium an FF medium?

2 Likes

Hopefully im not just rambling, and i also dont know how much it would affect PPM but i also had my bottom 1/3 of my 5 gal pot filled with strawberry fields soil so i wasnt sure if when i watered to run off it was rinsing that away too.

If the roots werent taking nutrients from the soil by then would the SF soil be adding to PPMs to the runoff too? I wasnt sure if that might affect my actual reading too separate from what the rest of the soil might be.

Yes my medium is 1/3 strawberry fields and the top 2/3 is FFHF and OF 20% perlite throughout.

1 Like

So i should also try to keep my runoff PH in the 6? I always throught if it was lower than when i put in, its fine. I usually ph to 6.3-6.5 and my runoff have been between 4.5-5.6 ph

1 Like

Sorry for the PH information Growmie! I was helping another grow brow at the same time with PH at 7.8. Yes ideal soil PH is 6.5 with the range of 6.2-6.8 for nutrient uptake. For the next watering or feeding go in at 7.0 seeing as your PH is super low and if you’re using the FF trio and not feeding or watering to liberal run off every time, the salts from the fertilizer could be crashing your PH. Personally if it’s at 6.0 I would feed or water at a higher PH, if it’s 5.8 and below I would flush using 7.0 until my run off was at least 6.3-6.5. Record your PPMS and if below 800 follow the flush with a final feed and calmag. Ideal PPMs are 1000-1200 for soil :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

OG your help is so much appreciated man. Ill do more research and try to better on that. Like thank you thank you thank you. I just ask a lot of questions because i wanna make sure i understand. So in closing with my flushing that is the next feeding…

Go in with tap water 3x pot size (Cal-mag added to appropriate dosage per gal?)
Water until i get runoff above 6.0 ph and if ppms are below 800 add the week of feeding at the end to raise ppm with tap water still?

OG thank you again for your time and help. Ill get ready to do this once medium dries out.

1 Like

No worries Growmie here to help and the community got me going in the right direction! You got the flush sequence just adjust your follow up feeding PH to your last run off. If the final flush was 6.2 go in at 6.8. Shoot for the 6.2 final flush at a minimum and it might take a few hours :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thank you for not calling this a calmag deficiency! I think OGIncognito has you set.

3 Likes

I try my best. :blush: OG hooked me up. Hopefully not too much damage is done by the time I get to it.

2 Likes

Help if you can.

So i flushed her 15 gals with tap water and about halfway through flushing i dropped my ph pen in the water and it pretty much stopped working so i had to keep going not knowing the ph of the runoff. Last reading was 5.1 about 1/3 way through and i have my tds meter and its reading 600 ppm for my last runoff and my water is about 300 ppm.

I have a batch of nutrients ready at 1400 ppm but i dont have my ph meter to know what im putting in and the last runoff readings. It wont be here from Amazon until tomorrow morning. Is it okay to water tomorrow morning about 15 hrs after i initially watered? Is that too much or should it be fine to add the nutrients/water. Ideally i wanted to do it after flushing but alas it didnt work. TIA!