Need some help growmies

Not sure if this is tricomes or start of spidermites? I feel like this is a dumb question but can anyone tell me what these spots are? And can I start foliar spraying now? I’m on day 18 in veg I just wanna stay on top of the pest control.

1 Like

Definitely trichomes, I see Amber already. You should chop!

2 Likes

Jk. Look under the leaves and see if you can see pests. It might just be the leaf structure.

2 Likes

Hahaha thank you @AAA I looked under the leaves and nothing looking healthy. Can I start foliar spraying or is it to early?

Depends. What do you want to spray with?

Cold pressed neem oil with some dawn dish soap?

I’m not a fan of neem oil. You really should confirm you have pests before resorting to that.

Try to get a jewelers loop or some kind of magnification on the leaves.

If you are dead set on taking some action, I would soak a sponge or rag with hydrogen peroxide and wipe the leaves.

Let’s see what @Myfriendis410 suggests.

2 Likes

If you have pests, start with straight 3% peroxide and spray the entire plant, top to bottom and under the leaves. If that doesn’t attack them immediately then spray with a 50/50 solution of Isopropyl and water. Do NOT do this if in flower (early flower okay). THAT kills everything. If the peroxide worked, follow up 48 hours after using Captain Jack’s Deadbug. Leave that on for 5 days then repeat with the peroxide. You can use the peroxide and Captain Jack’s like that all the way to harvest.

1 Like

This is the advice I followed and seems to be working for me. Good luck!

3 Likes

@AAA @Myfriendis410 @Jbum thank you guys really appreciate the help.

2 Likes

And usually those lil specks are just baby trich dimples. Not the frost ur chasing. But still adorable to see so early.

But they gotcha above. H2o2 and h2o is harmless and effective

2 Likes

I also followed @Myfriendis410 suggestions for spider :spider: mites (thank you 410) and it looks like I’m under control now but will keep treating. If you truly have them, using your jewelers glass, you’ll see tiny webs on your plants. The mites are very tiny and hard to see and are usually underneath the leaves. One note is I had a little leaf burn (pH got a little low) on one of my seedlings so I’m diluting the peroxide on my next maintenance cycle.

2 Likes

In the interest of full disclosure I got all of that from @garrigan62 who is a fount of knowledge and shares it freely. I’m also a devout and evangelical fan of washing your harvest in peroxide.

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 thank you that’s reassuring
@fRIEDfRED I’m ordering a jewelers glass from Amazon, I don’t see any webs or pests underneath either but I want to stay prepared thank you

1 Like

Aint that the truth. Think he hipped me as well. And you, @Myfriendis410 sold me on the harvest washing.

@fRIEDfRED be wary and vigilant. Once the battle has begun, the war will rage on. You cant be completely sure the war is over until you’ve cleaned and disinfected the whole room

2 Likes

I hear ya @PurpNGold74. Just checked and seeing new webs. Not a lot but definitely there​:spider:. Tonight is another captain jack treatment and as advised will stay on schedule till harvest. Darn . . . . Looked like I had them under control :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

To arms! Everybody battle stations. Mr Spock lock photon… o my bad. Nerded out :joy:

1 Like

Stun or kill? Ok, stupid question…