Need some help deciding which inline fan and filter and light

2x4x5 tent is outside in garage. Currently 4 autos that are just over a week old and 1 that is 2 days old. Might put 1 or 2 outside. I have 1 Mars Hydro TS1000 (150w) light in there now and i have another TS1000 that i will be putting in the tent. They are currently on 20/4 light schedule just to help with daytime temps in tent.

1. When should i add the other light?

2. I’ve been looking at the AC Infinity Smart Fan/Filter. Digital controller is supposed to help regulate temp and humidity. Which i think may be an issue being in the garage in WNY. Wondering if anyone has personal experience with this set up. Is it worth it?

If you go AC infinity promo code: Canuck15 think it’s 10-15% off :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hi there. I’m also in wny and the humidity controller is great . AC infinity 4" or 6 would be enough. The tent is short so you might want to see if possible to install outside tent.

1 Like

Thank you fpr that! Just ordered it on amazon. It was already 15% off and i used that code.

1 Like

Good to know. Yes im kicking myself for not ordering the 4x4 tent that was taller. Im running out of room.

Not to be a downer but there is no way in hell you’ll grow in a garage in the summer without an ac unit and dehumidifier. Even if you run your tent at night I don’t believe it’s something that will be able to be pulled off. My garage runs upwards of 100f in dead of summer.
I also live in wny , you’d be better off in a basement, not much better but some.

Yes ive been looking into ac. Its actually an old addition to my garage. Only 8’x22’ concrete floor. Insulation/plywood walls, attic, 2 windows and barn doors. We were in the mid 80s for a few days last week and without any filtration, just open vents and 1 6 inch fan i was at 92° & 65% RH. After cracking a couple more vents, it dropped down to 87. I dont think it will be easy but definitely doable…we’ll see :+1:

Yep gonna be a feat then after summer comes winter the real problem :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:
Good luck bro :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Winter it will be in the basement, depending on how this grow goes. Basement is finished so shouldn’t be too bad

1 Like

Any input on when i should add the 2nd light?

When you first see signs of flowering. They should do fine vegging with just the one. Save the horses for the race. If the tent may have temp and rH problems you do not want to stuff it full of plants. Plan on 3 in the tent and the others outside. this depending on size of course.

1 Like

Great thank you. They’re autos in 3 gallon pots. Im planning on trying lst on one of them just to get familiar with it. The others will be left alone…atleast thats the plan lmao

I grew a few autos at first. I would have 4 in 3 gallon pots in my 3x3. It all depends on there size. I also grow 4 photos in the same tent. I feel I have much more control over them than an auto.
I have seen six in a 2x4. It is crazy but can be done. Environment not withstanding.

1 Like

Im in rochester. I have a grow tent set up in my apartment in the end of my bedroom the is like a 6x6 ft square that is windows on 2 sides, one wall, then open to the rest of the room…

Anyways, i started last april. I realized why wasnt i doing this already when it was legalized. So, i had not experienced winter until this year, and the dryness of winter i did not account for in my drying, and it was much more difficult to keep warm in the winter the tent. It was about 5-10 degrees cooler with me turning the heat up in my apartment to combat it and running the humidifier more.

The plants that grew from november to whatever it was january february definitely were not as good as the ones i grew over the spring, summer and fall months.

Hope that helps at all… i would have thought putting a tent in a garage would be too cold to do up here at all

1 Like

Am i the only one thinking about the winter or it just assumed hes skipping that, maybe i missed it in the post.

Maybe i just know poor people lol, but i would think the polar vortex would wipe out the plants

Said he’s gonna go in the basement in the winter…
@CT9

Yes you missed that lol. Tent will be in basement over winter, if i do another grow during that time.

2 Likes

There is absolutely no way I could grow in the garage during Winter. We get down into negative digits quite often.

My bad man lol. Totally missed that.

1 Like

Welcome to the community , basement will make a excellent grow space. :v::+1: