Need some experienced advice?

I’m completely new at this so I don’t know what I’m looking at. Is this a Hermie? I sure hope not! Or is it just a preflower. I’m 17 days into flowering and noticed these

. Sorry it’s a little blurry it’s the best i could get. Thanks

Looks like a mighty morphine power ranger to me.

What is that supposed to mean?

I am no expert. Those sure look like pollen sacs though. I think you can gently try and pull them off if you don’t have too many. However wait for some of these guys to weigh in. They helped me identify some boys:

@beardless @OGIncognito @MidwestGuy @Graysin @MeEasy @Covertgrower @SilvaBack203

Some suspect growth above :point_up_2: :v:

3 Likes

Yes thats a male flower.
The crease in the side is where it will pop open to pollenate.
As said you can remove it and hope for no more.

3 Likes

Yes. And I’m sorry. But that looks like a pollen sac.

1 Like

Yes thats a male part. Remove it and really inspect your lady for any more

1 Like

Appreciate the tag Brother! @JustGrowIN_0NE that’s a nanner. @Spiney_norman gave you the best advice :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yep. Male bits for sure. Good eye.

They’re here, too

1 Like

Everyone already called it. Sorry for the ball.

2 Likes

Sorry for the hermie. Had to kill one 2 days ago. Very healthy. Was a shame.

Good to see ya checking back in! Hope all worked out and you’re doing well :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

So I have 8 plants in a 4x8. 4 of which are grouped together flowering and 2 had male sacs. I went through and plucked all of them,one plant having more than the other. Should I remove the 2 or can I just keep a good eye on them? I hate to lose them, all 4 of them are really healthy but I hate to lose all 4. What’s your suggestion?

1 Like

These were femanized seeds from ilgm. What could have caused them to be Hermie’s? Is that normal for seeds to do?

Most often a stressor of some kind - frequently light discipline.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Keep an eye on them. Look over all 4 at least once a day with an eye toward the lower part of the plant.

For now I highly recommend spraying the whole tent down with plain water. It’ll kill any airborne pollen that may have been released while you removed sacs. Do the same again any time you remove any sacs, just in case.

I have had a few plants produce balls like that early on in flower - I feel personally that balls are genetic while nanners are stress induced. It’s just my opinion and I have absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up, so take that thought with a grain of salt. But for what it’s worth, those who produced formations like that and I removed totally, they never did grow back. I may have just been lucky.

1 Like

Genetics, most likely. The very process of creating feminized seeds can cause the trait in some phenos, as I understand it.

3 Likes

There is a great article on accidental pollination on another site that I cant post a link to.
But if you Google this…spotting pollinated cannabis … you will find it.
Shows how to tell if your buds have been pollenated. Good info.

1 Like

I just finished some bag seed. 2 runs…both had hermies. First i cleaned and ran. Seeded all plants a little. This last run in flower now i culled the hermie. Culled another 2 days back. No nanners. No stress. Genetics I am sure. If have 8 going and only 2 hermie it is a choice. Take a chance on missing a sac and contaminating tent or culling 2 to have 6 good. When seeds start…flowers dont grow big. Just my thoughts. The freak i just killed was super healthy…sigh.

1 Like