Need some advice please

Hi all, I am hoping for some advice this is my first time growing I have started with a small walk in robe setup I have layerd the walls / space with Mylar and I am using 4 T8 fluresents and I’ve recently added 4 warm white CFLS running 18/6 current temps 26c to 28c my girls are white widow autos, they are currently 30 days today that includes germinate, I started in a soil that had nutes included and in a solo cup and after 2 weeks I made the autoflower mistake NOT KNOWING and transplanted them…

in coco/perlite mix, and put a thin layer of perlite on top to stop bugs / flys, at the 2 week mark I started using PROFESSERS A and b Nutes and been using GO ROOT, A & B @ 1.25ml of each PER LITRE and 1.2ml of GO ROOT per LITRE, and a couple days ago I noticed on 2 plants some spotting and marks and the tips have turned yellow a bit, so today after they were ready for a water I flushed them using 2 and a half litres of pure water got a fair bit of run off and now il wait for them to dry up before il get them back on the Nutes, and should I up the dosage or stay with current I’m also thinking maybe the spots and tips could be that it’s not getting enough Nutes :unamused:I’m not sure

Am I doing the right thing or not any advice would be much appreciated I’m stressing so hard ATM haha don’t wanna lose my girls being my first grow

Also I would appreciate some advice on my smallest plant that is falling behind all were planted same time and giving the same feedings :thinking:

2 Likes

@Chriso Welcome to the ILGM Forums!

When we talk about nute burn it is the very tips of the leaves that turn brown. Those look more like spots, like something like nutrients splashed onto the leaves and they burned the leaves.

I don’t follow how you made a mistake transplanting the autoflowering? Ideally you want them to sprout in their forever homes, but if you don’t then you have to transplant.

So stop stressing and everything is fine. The girls look great to me. I am not familiar with that soil or nutrients but as long as you follow their directions those plants should be just fine!

Do you have the grow bible?

Take some time and do some reading around the forum, there is a ton of good info on here to help you!

2 Likes

Cheers @bob31 the tips are yellow but not brown and only on some leaves not all, any advice on my smallest girl? And will the flush I have them gunna hurt them u think I did give them a good old flush like almost 3 litres each ? and what’s your thoughts on Nute feeds every watering or space them out ? Should I also up the Nutes a bit or keep them at 1.5ml per litre since there only a month old cheers chris

1 Like

Many strains get yellowing tips for no apparent reason.

I’d look at your nutrients feeding chart / schedule and follow that. It depends on what they recommend and how much water your plants need on exactly what schedule for feeding/ watering you should follow.

I don’t think the flush is a bad thing, I just don’t think they needed a flush. If you follow the manufacturer recommendations you shouldn’t need to flush them unless they recommend it. Always water to at least 10% runoff helps tremendously as well!

I start nutrients when my plants get their fifth node, but i grow in fairly nutrient rich soil.

@Chriso

1 Like

@bob31 cheers for your time and feedback buddy
I only hope my girls survive the flood :wink:
And I can get that good stuff back in and give them
The warm and comfort they deserve :heart_eyes:

Cheers chris

1 Like

@Chriso to be clear, you transplanted into coco?

If so, this would be considered hydroponics and feeding and ph accordingly. 5.8 ph nominal and you will have to provide the nutrients. I am on a water feed water feed schedule daily. Some coco growers have to water or feed twice a day.

Are you using a ph meter and is it calibrated?

3 Likes

good catch @Myfriendis410 I didn’t see that continuation sticking out to the side of the picture.

1 Like

Maybe one of these too.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

He’s in the European Zone I think, so he will respond later. If you wouldn’t mind coaching him on the finer points of coco that would be great!

1 Like

@bob31 I’d be happy to. Please look over my shoulder though :blush:.

1 Like

I have been for months. I have confidence in ya! @Myfriendis410 I’m watching the topic, but tag me as you go if you want. I’m a firm believer in another set of eyes because as we both just saw, things can sometimes slip right by us!

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @bob31
Yes mate I transplanted in to coco
And I have just been feeding Nutes @ every feeding since
The transplant at 2 weeks old
And ph ect I haven’t been checking just winging it
Just letting my bottled water sit lid open for 48 hrs before I make my mix

First knuckle trick and when pot is light

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @bob31
1.25ml of a

1.25ml of b

1.2ml of go roots

Feedings @ transplant I gave them a good old drink
Which lasted them 6 days

Then I’ve been feeding around 500ml each plant since

They go light every 2 to 3 days at this point

But yesterday I gave them that big flush of water thinking
The spots and yellow tips was a nute issue :thinking: Now god knows how long there gunna take to dry up before I can get the Nutes back in

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @bob31

Okay.

So, I believe we are seeing the beginning of ph issues. The first thing I would recommend is to invest in a ph meter. £10 for a Jellas from Amazon and some 7.0 Standard Reference solution is an inexpensive investment and by far the best money you will ever spend.

Ph your water or nutrient solution after mixing, to 5.5 to 5.8 ph. Alternate watering with nutrients like this: feed, water, feed, water etc. When you water, be sure to water to about 10% runoff each time.

As for the nutrients, stay towards the starting values for now.

I would like to know what kind of water you are using. Cal Mag may be necessary depending on the type of water used with coco.

With any hydro, and coco IS hydro, a deficiency can appear as an excess.

Due to their size, you can’t water or feed daily, but every other day or so should work. Coco isn’t soil so testing for moisture doesn’t work the same.

I water every other day on my little ones ( in 4" pots currently ) and my big girls daily. This is something that you will have to come to grips with: coco is NOT SOIL!

Hope this helps some and you can tag me any time. I’m on the west coast of the US, FYI.

3 Likes