Need some advice of what Grow Box I should Buy

Hi All,

I’m new to growing and am hoping some of you veteran growers can help me out on figuring out what setup I should get. I was leaning towards a grow box vs a tent to avoid issues like broken zippers or light leaking through. I don’t have a ton of space, so I was thinking about the Deluxe Hydroponic Grow Cabinet 36” x 24” x 72”, or the SuperStar Hydroponic Grow Box 24”x 24” x 60”. But I’ve read some pretty horrible reviews about their product and customer service, even though they claim to have won all of these awards.

Does anyone have any personal experience with Supercloset or the grow boxes I listed?

I read the ventilation is inadequate, and I will end up buying all kinds of additional equipment to properly grow.

I would prefer a setup that’s a little more automated, and would prefer to grow 2 plants at the same time vs just one. I do have more space outside on the side of my house, but it seems counterproductive to put an indoor box outside.

I am open to any other grow box suggestions. I even looked at the “Mary Model Z”, and “The Green Goddess Armoire”, but I know I will have very limited yields with both of those models.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks

1 Like

The majority of indoor growers here use tents. Grow boxes can be very limiting and take away your ability to provide good airflow and ventilation. A 36” x 24” x 72” box is a pretty tight space, even for just one plant. Unless you have significant experience training a plant to live in such a confined space, I would stay away from a box.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: Bingo. @shep523tke im running a grow in my 1st Super Closet for Legal reasons but have 3 tents I was using. I have a tendency to grow too many plants and that lead me to several training techniques to accomplish that. I’ll have to modify this closet for fresh air intake, it’s designed with a passive intake that’s not getting the temps down to where I like them with lights on. Here’s my super closet with 3 in the 4th week of veg and the 2nd pick is 6 in a 3 x 4 x 78” :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

OK thanks. Is there a tent kit you would recommend?

1 Like

I’ve looked at several kits but piece mine together. The lights they offer are insufficient. I’ll take a quick look for you, what kind of budget do you have so I’ll know the ceiling and number of plants, you’ll want to grow more after the 1st run… trust me on that one :joy::joy::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Here’s a kit that I would recommend for the tent and lighting mainly. It’s not a link but at least you have the info and description, $600 all in :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

How handy are you? I built a closet and fitted it with a good light (HLG 300 RSPEC) 6” inline duct fan for fresh air, a 6” exhaust fan and - small oscillating tower fan. All in was about $450. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m OK, but wouldn’t consider myself a handyman by any means. I figured since this is all new to me, it would be easier to buy a complete kit even if it was a little more expensive doing it that way. I was looking at Gorilla tents, but it looks like I will have to buy all the accessories separately. I guess I could build a closet outside. It would give me more grow room at least. But building something opens a whole new can of worms with having to research every aspects of all components.

OK thanks for the help. My max budget would be about $2,000. My biggest concern is the temperature. My house can get in the mid to high 80’s when it’s really hot outside.

1 Like

Welcome to the neighborhood. For $2000.00 you can get a really nice set up. Just do your research and ask questions before you purchase your components. You want to get it right the first time. Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes

Will do. Thank you

1 Like

I grew for a year in a hot as hell garage. Purchased a portable AC for 425, it also had a dehumidifier cycle that pulled me through some hot and humid times :love_you_gesture:

@shep523tke

I found if you buy some zipper-ease or other zipper lube, they don’t stick. Also always open slowly pulling the zipper outwards toward you. I have yet to have either of my AC infinity tents stick.

I don’t have any experience with brand you are looking at. Sorry.

I would go with the taller tent especially if you are hanging your exhaust and carbon filter inside.

Best to you.

1 Like

Hi there and welcome to the neighborhood :grinning:
I would definitely add everything everyone said and look up some of the better equipment. I have a closet full of cheap light, nutes i didn’t like, ph meter that wasn’t worth a dime…the list could go on. then i found ilgm. HLG OR spider farmer for lights, gorilla tent, ac infinity carbon exhaust, fans, lot on here use Jack’s 321, bluelab or apera meters, ac, Humidifier, timers, …you have a nice budget to use. You will love your new addictive hobby, might as well get the better equipment now instead of having a closet like mine. Like @OGIncognito said, you will want to grow more after your first. This is just a few ideas to combine with others’ ideas. This is the best place to learn and teach and ask.
Have fun.

1 Like

I would recommend for CLOUDLINE 67 Controller for ventilation fan system (for control and quiet) as well as what @OGIncognito said.

2 Likes

Single hand guiding of the closing flap, before the zipper encounters the zipper-light-shield-overlap-flap, helps greatly

1 Like