Need soil guru or a close approximation please

I grow indoors but the principal is the same so here we go…
I would like to “create” my own “hybrid” soil to attempt to roll back the clock for some smoke that used to be available to me. Well, a close approximation anyway. My thought is that native soil makes the terps develop in a unique way.
Here’s what I have on hand…
STA-Green potting soil w/ added fert 0.10-0.08-0.06
Sphagnum peatmoss
Perlite
Hydrated lime
Bone Meal
Some used FFOF (about 7 gals) *Probably a ton of salt build up from FF trio usage.
Molasses is avail if recommended
and the big ones…Native soil consisting of Old growth Pine soil/mulch and Old growth Hardwood-Hardwood/Pine soil and mulch.
I have 3 seeds of same strain/pheno Strawberry Cheesecake auto from Seedsm@n. I would like to make 3 different combos to experiment a little.
I would prefer to K.I.S.S. and use common ingredients readily available so as not to arouse undue attention.(The authorities around these Piney Woods are not particularly keen on my hobby)
Anyone got some mix ratios to help a brother out?

1 Like

@latewood I hope I am not out of line tagging you. :man_facepalming:t2:
Maybe you or someone you recommend would find this interesting? The native soil hypothesis? Maybe I have overindulged on my crops… :cheese: :pineapple: :grapes: :evergreen_tree: :skunk: :notes: :tv:

Finding the pH of your soil will help alot to know where you are and what needs to be added. Sounds like your rural so ck with your AgEx to get your soil tested. Should be free and you’ll get results pretty fast.
Your pH will probably be low. Grab a bag of lime from TS. Blood meal, dried molasses

1 Like

Maybe @Hoppiefrog can throw u idea @Budbrother @Cannabian if not they may lead u in the roght path good luck b safe keep the popo away

1 Like

Leeched poo?

I get the idea, but for one no telling what’s in the piney wood soil. There is no peat moss, perlite, molasass in the pine belt dirt either.

What is in it is acidic soil and with that said pine belt soil was never the native soil of cannibis Indica or Sativa.

Good idea but but right off the bat you would kill off your microbes by adding pH up.

If we take Hawaii for example the home dirt of several cannibis strains and those are very popular strains indeed, then the soil is no where near pine belt dirt, it’s mostly volcanic ash, and cannibis loves it.
Matter of fact Cannibis grew wild around volcanos and other fertile soil areas worldwide.

Give it a shot maybe your on to something but stearing cannibis toward dirt that it never grew in naturally will lead to pH, nutrient, pest and other issues from the wild soil in my opinion.

If the idea is to imitate cannibis natural soil like Hawaii for example then many soil company’s do just that by adding volcanic ash, bat poop etc.

I’ve spent many years gurilla growing in pine belt dirt and two things in it would worry me, nematodes, and low ph

4 Likes

Ag molasses is not found in the dirt, you are correct. I just always suggest it as a natural fire ant deterrent in any garden.

1 Like

Years ago I has a connection in the panhandle (Fla) that grew the biggest,sweetest,smelliest buds around. I am hoping to get just a hint of that again. Also have an episode of South Park stuck in my head where Randy Marsh (the animated one LOL) was in the newly opened dispensary “shopping” naming off his selection and it included “Alabama Kush”. I have never heard of a real strain like that but I am sure it must or will exist.

1 Like

I find it does just the opposite and attracts way too many deer, raccon and other forest animals that often eat " deer feed" put out by hunters that contain molasass.

Never again will I use molasass nor chicken poop with feathers or fish emulsion on any non fenced gurilla grow as I’ve had too many dug up by animals hunting the molasass and chicken dinner.

Domesticious earth combined with cayanne pepper flakes stops fire ants quickly. They go around it pretty soon.

2 Likes

@Randy_Marsh is on here just ask him! Rolmao!!! That b Bubba Kush my friend shhhh that’s Bamas best kept secret.

2 Likes

Very true on a guerilla grow. I missed that’s what he was doing.
I live in the middle of no where and use it in all my gardens and have for years. Fire ants never build in it.

1 Like

Let me clarify that this will be for an indoor grow. I am just on a quest for that elusive,unknown, unique element that gives it that “local flavor”.
This will be a “blend” and I would like to layer for different growth stages. Autos will be used. Photos MAY be later after I “level up”. LOL

1 Like

I see now what your trying to pull off. Very cool idea but I think your going to have a difficult time duplicating that especially if your going for a taste you remember.

2 Likes

Florida panhandle dirt is something I’ve seen, it contains lots of oyster and other sea shell, it’s very rich soil indeed. I once grew a plant on Mobile bay during a visit, it grew looking at the gulf and I never did anything but dig a hole and chop up that dirt and plant a seed, plant looked great then Hurricane Katrina took her out, drowned her in salt water.

Panhandle dirt is good dirt.

3 Likes

That always hurts so bad seeing that. I feel ya man.

3 Likes

Close to my area but I am about 75 miles north of a Gulf view. Soil here is very sandy in most places. I have seen some guerilla grows, single plant just stuck directly in soil and they get enormous so the soil is less than toxic to cannabis.
My approach is to gather and sift some native soil/mulch and “boost” it with available amendments.
Some with more pine, some with more hardwood and a fair mix of both adding perlite, lime, bag soil, manure etc. Just a mad scientist type thing.

They grew Bubba Kush in Florida Greenhouses but it was the " Bubba’s" in Alabama who bought it. For years that weed was brought to the Annual Indian reservation harvest sale in Atmore Alabama and trucked Nationwide.

Feds don’t have jurisdiction on Indian Land.

4 Likes

I do plan on starting a grow journal for this. Maybe there are some other nut-cases that will follow.

1 Like

Think I will get a DNA test…

1 Like

We bout the same I’m 70 miles inland in the pine belt. The humidity here is the biggest challenge especially for these new Indica strains

1 Like