Need serious help

Hello all, I’ve been fighting these plants for the past three + weeks, and I need serious help.
The situation is grim, most of my girls look terrible and I’m am stumped, this is my second grow so my knowledge is limited.
The particulars:
Strain: wacky clones I get from a family member. Makes up their own names.
Growing medium: 50% promix bx, 25% coco, 25% perlite, In 2 gallon pots.
Lights: 4’ 8 bulb t5 and two t8 fixtures on either side to get more coverage.
Feeding with: GH floratrio + calmag
Two oscillating fans on plants and one box fan blowing air out of my grow room.

I’ve been wrestling with the ph of the medium since I noticed issues a few weeks ago. Super low PH, like 4.5 when they dry out just before watering then bounces back to 5.7-6.3 after watering/feeding but I am losing my shit here :’(
I have obvious deficiencies and woke up to the claw, so obviously nitrogen toxicity.
I’m giving proper feed amounts but it’s not properly getting to the plants because I think they are locked out from the low ph. I believe it’s feom using coco and not properly rinsing with calmag. I don’t know…
After waking up this morning to the claw I took one plant out and flushed it with ph’ed water and waiting to see if that helps.
Can anyone throw me some ideas on what I need to do to get these gals looking good?

1 Like

Kinda a newb here, but 2gal pots they may be root bound? Others will chime in shortly w/ way more knowledge.

1 Like

Looking like a nitrogen deficiency of some sort but let me tag some pros who could help more… @BobbyDigital @dbrn32 @HornHead @garrigan62

1 Like

I would agree if I didn’t start having issues soon after moving them up from 1/2gal pots.
Thanks for the response though :slight_smile:

1 Like

These claws and twisted/burnt tips though?

1 Like

Plants overall don’t look too bad I think I would start with a good clean calibration with new solution on pH meter make sure that is calibrated right . That way you can get your runoff pH in line. Good luck

3 Likes

Yes the clawing is definitely a nitrogen overload , as for the twisting leaves…how close do you have the liggts to the top of the canopy ? Could be that they are too close and are trying to hide from the higg temps of the light. Just a guess though !

1 Like

The dark purple stems are definitely symptomatic of ph lockout. I would do as @kellydans said and recalibrate your meter.

1 Like

My meter died on me a week before this all started. I’m using my backup… tube of water and four drops…match the color till my new on comes next week. My run off is between 5-5.5 according to that

They have been growing despite all the issues and I’ve been steadily raising my lights, right now they are 7” below my t5 agrobrite 4’ 8 bulb fixture.

1 Like

Instrumentation it’s one of those things that you get what you pay for I would not recommend buying a cheap pH meter.

2 Likes

The strains aren’t mainstream and it could be crappy genes. But I had good luck last year with these.
Barney’s surprise, Eperb 2, bangi haze2, Downeast skunk.

I’ve been running the 5ml/gal of the grow, micro, bloom, plus CaliMAGic same amount.

1 Like

Yes definitely drop the coin on a well known brand of ph meters and ppm pens . It saves time money and headache in the long run !

1 Like

I got the one that is recommended on these forums: Dr lyn’s

I could get a different one if that’s trash, I’m kinda new so I don’t know what I should get really.

1 Like

Apera instruments and blue lab instruments seem to be the top 2 choice of all growers here on the site !

I use blue lab and they are top notch !

1 Like

Ok, do I need one for just water or do I need a soil one too?
Like can I test the runoff to find out what the “soil” is?

I think pretty good feedback here. Looks like there could be ph issue with a little too much nitrogen.

2 Likes

Okay, so now that we have identified the issues, how can I go about fixing it? Do I flush them all with ph’ed water, do I repot them? What should be my next step?
And yes, thank you all for the reply’s… very very much appreciated!

Which one, or is there a different one I should look for?