Need recommendations for grow light for 4x4 veg tent

I plan on keeping the veg tent full so maybe I’ll just buy another one of the sp 3000s. I want to keep some mothers too, I’m gonna be using the. Bonsai method so I might just set up a t5 In the closet space I have.

1 Like

I might give an hlg a try. What’s everyone think about the hlg 100? It would be used in combination with my mars hydro sp 3000 for 4x4 veg tent.

I need a dehumidifier to pull humidity out of my grow room for a 5x5 and a 4x4 grow tents. What size dehumifier will be needed? Also, can I control the humidity of both grow tents by keeping the dehumidifier outside of the 2 grow tents and if so what size dehumidifier is needed? Any suggestions? I want one that will last and be effective. The Vivosun I have in my 5x5 won’t even work inside the tent. My humidity is at 70 rh and I’m having a lot of problems bringing it down. I’m gonna defoliate when the lights come on at 5pm and see if that helps w while I find a dehumidifier and wait for it to come.

If you get that 4x4 tent and still have space leftover you can use the 2x4 tent as a lung room and put your dehumidifier in there and then hookup hoses to it to draw from. I personally use big dehumidifiers. My veg tent has a lowes dehumidifier 50 pint with 2 speeds and it does a good job but keep in mind anytime you run a dehumidifier its gonna increase your temps in the tent. My flower tent has a 70 pint with 2 speeds. I always run them on the lower speed to produce less heat in theory but both of these were about $120-180 so expect that price tag for the bigger units. For me i got the bigger units because they had the self pump emptying feature so id never have to worry about them turning off due to being full

Your putting them inside the tents?

There’s no way I could fit my 2x4 in there as well I’m gonna be crammed with the 4x4 and 5x5: this the room right now the 5x5 and 2x4.

I was hoping I could put a 50 pint dehumidifier in the room outside of the tents. I will have a 4x4 in there as of next week to replace the 2x4. I thought I could run it outside of the tents in the little space I have left in the room and set it to 50 % rh which would be good for both veg and flower tents. Is this possible to do?

Any thoughts @BigCat420

I imagine you could get away with just having it in the room but to be honest im not sure as i have both of mine in my tent. Id try to do some searching on here and look for people running a similar setup to base yours off of. Ill keep an eye out for ya too as im not sure if that would work or not

I use an hlg 300L Bspec in my 4x4 veg tent… It’s amazing.

Skipped to the end but I can tell you from experience to go ahead and get the best light you can afford. HLG makes a few lights that will kill it in a 4x4. 650R, Scorpion Diablo, blackbird, the list goes on. They have a couple “new” lights so anything with Diablo boards is awesome. I run a 350R in a 2x4 and love it. I’ve yet to have to run it at full power. It’s at notch 6/9 right now mid flower and girls are getting over 45 DLI.

As to one of your other questions, I run a 35 pt GE dehumidifier outside my tent in the lung room. Works perfectly. During the summer it gets hot so I set it at the top of the stairs and leave the door open. It works there too. I keep it at 50% and it works well. Just keep an eye on the hygrometer in your tent for a few days and you’ll be able to dial it in exactly where you want it. During veg you probably won’t need a dehumidifier running if you keep the exhaust fan running.

1 Like