Need opinions on LED lights for soon to be new grow set up

@dbrn32 Also do you think 12 plants in 10 gal pots will have waste of light in 10x10 tent or should I put more plants in 10 gal pot in it? @Hellraiser would one seed to harvest light cover as much plant I wanting to grow in 10x10?

Depends on exact components you use, but usually about $1 or so per watt. You can build seed to harvest lights if that’s what you want.

Personally I think 10 gallon pots are a waste inside. Maybe if you were going to run large scrog plants or something you could justify that. But you seem to have already made up your mind in going that route, so nothing wrong with trying out what you had planned. You can always run more or less on the next grow.

1 Like

How much cheaper would seed to harvest light compared to the other? I was going to scrog them also. What do you prefer about the lights? I really just need enough light for all plants to get a better yield just from lights. I am going to give them the samething I do with my grow now and last grow too. @dbrn32 if building seed to harvest light is a little extra than the one that will be fine. I have never built a led light before so I would need help building it lol I’m basically want what @imSICKkid said around 40 to 45 watts per sq ft or a little more. Do you think I will need 4 led strips or 2?

@dbrn32 I’ll even be fine with 2500-3000 true watts. I honestly want a LED set up that’s better than 1k hps/mh set up if that’s possible.

Cost about the same to build, you just choose different cct.

About which lights?

What is yield you’re trying to surpass?

Which strip? You can run 300-10 watt strips or 30- 100 watt strips. Both are going to consume 3000 watts. Not every strip can be run at 100 watts, some doesn’t make sense to run them at 30 watts. I can’t think of any that you will build with that you won’t need at least 5-6 strips per fixture. That’s if you’re building 4 fixtures.

How much do you have to spend? If your budget is big enough you can essentially do anything you want now with leds. If you have a tight budget will be more an issue of what you can afford to build with. I have built fixtures for a 4x4 for $500, and I have spent over $1000 building light for same space.

1 Like

4 HLG 600H kits will flower that room very nicely. They are on sale right now too!

1 Like

I’m running a single Auto in a 15 gallon fabric pot. So far its running like it should. I want to get the nutrients eaten up before it becomes my main grow pot. No more Toilet Bowl Seeds for me. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

@dbrn32 The LED lights. I’m wanting about 3lbs for 8 plants. Maybe more. I am on a tight budget too. I was meaning LED strip lol so it will be useless to do 30 100 watt strips? I’ve checked out the HLG 600H and HLG 550. Do you think 2 HLG 600H and 2 budget 480 led light a good set up to achieve 3lbs for 8 plants or more and cost affordable? @Cannacure their not full cycle right? Just for flower?

I meant which strip? There are literally hundreds of them. Doing 30- 100 watt strips isn’t useless, but there’s only 1 I think of available, Samsung double row f-series 1120mm.

I think there are growers here that could probably pull 3 pounds out of a 4x8 with two hlg-600’s and two plants using scrog method. Actually, probably a lot of members here that could. Most won’t spend that kind of time vegging to do it though. You may not on first grow, but eventually if you stick with it.

Any of the hlg lights in 3000k, 3500k, or r-spec will grow from seed to harvest.

1 Like

I was talking about the 30 strips that’s 100 watts. Is there any other reliable brand that sells them besides Samsung? I mean I would want more than 3lbs for 8 plants. With the Samsung double about how many would I need? If I have to I can use the 5x5 tent to put led light in and use 10x10 and have 1 1k hps light in there but I don’t think it will be enough light in 10x10. To get a decent good yield higher than 1k hps light what would you prefer for a set up. Even if I can get leds that match 1k hps light I’ll do it. @dbrn32

I was looking into this. If I gotten 2 of these I would end up having 1200 true watts since there 600 watts a piece? @dbrn32 also since it says 1 600 watt LED kit is equivalent to 1k hps that means basically 2 of these I’ll will get equivalent to running 2 1k hps lights?

is this the strips you were talking about? If so how much would I have to buy? 24$ per strip isn’t bad price. They have about 571 in stock. @dbrn32

1 Like

Lots of companies make strips, but only one that makes them designed to run at 100 watts I’m aware of is what I I posted above.

You literally typed the answer to this question. If you’re looking for 3000 watts, you would need 30 at 100 watts.

To light entire 10x10 properly you’re looking at 4-1000 watt hps, or equivalent. Hlg-600 is equivalent, so 4 of those. This is strip I I mentioned above

3 Likes

So how many strips would a 20x20 need? Asking for a friends cousin’s uncle

2 Likes

Enough to get them for $29 lol

2 Likes

If I went this route what else would I need to buy to complete it? I would much rather spend under 2 grand than 3900$ lol is this the 3500k or 4500k ones?

1 Like

Screenshot is from 3500k. Biggest expenses after strips would be drivers and heatsinks. Figure two hlg-320h-c2100a per fixture each driver will run 3 strips. So a total of 8 drivers and 32 strips. Heatsinks I would figure something like 46" pieces of 2.079 extrusion from heatsink USA. Rest of the stuff isn’t terribly expensive.

2 Likes

@dbrn32

Am I reading this correctly that each strip is 170 watts?

I’m thinking that 3 of these strips would be great for a 3x5 Veg area.

Also, if used strictly as a veg area, would 4000k be better? Or a combination of spectrums?

Also, what about single strip flower booster? Like UV spectrums? I didn’t see one on this site, but then again I’m not 100% sure what I’m looking for.

2 Likes

What in the world have I gotten into…!!!

No idea what all that means, I’m going to stick with a light I buy and plug in and hopefully it turns on.

Hmmmm red pill or blue pill cause I’m lost on this one.

4 Likes

@GreenThumb101 they are full cycle lights.

2 Likes