Need nutrients?

Planted in FFOF. Sprouted on dec. 7 and haven’t given any extra nutes as I’ve been using RO water. Transplanted from solo cup directly to final pot (5gal). Recently I noticed it getting light green on the edges of the leafs. I have Growtime fertilizer from robert bergmans line and also cal-mag if needed. PH is in line and the ppm is around 6-700

1 Like

I’d say it’s time for nutes. Looks like you have some deficiencies starting. Also looks kinda dry. What’s your water schedule ?
disclaimer I don’t have experience with soil

2 Likes

I’ll water every 3days sometimes 2 with a little less than a liter of water per pot…I’ve had some issues with underwatering thinking it was overwatering so I think I’m gonna change it to every 2 days. Theres alot of perlite so I believe that’s why it needs watered so often compared to my other tent/grow where I’m watering every 3-4 days, same soil/also 5gal and same amount of water given so it comes down to perlite being the difference

Could issues with watering in veg affect the quality/quantity of the flowers later on?

Veg is just that…the plant is still growing. Long as it gets enough water, she will keep growing. I water pretty much every single day. But my plants are fully loaded and require to be watered daily.

Nutrients is what will make or break a crop. This is the fuel needed to get a plant to develop properly. This is from my experience and I’ve grown small plants to some serious Beasts and my latest 3 is in the latter category.

With R/O water, you do need Cal-mg.

2 Likes

I use FF OF, I don’t think you need nutrients yet. Wouldn’t hurt to start cal-mag. Especially if you are using high quality lights. I just started 2nd week of Flower and didn’t have to add nutrients during veg.

1 Like

Actually he stated the plant sprouted on Dec 7th. He should start nutrients now. Because brand new FFOF is good for about 30 days to 44 days.

But don’t do a full dose. Start with like 1/4 amount. Watch how the girl/girls respond. If you see no problems, step it up to 1/3. This is how I approach my FFOF soil and nutrients.

3 Likes

Not disagreeing with you @MrPeat. I don’t believe it will hurt to start. I vegged for six weeks and did runoff ppm. They stayed over 2000 ppm entire time.

3 Likes

I start using nutrients about 30 days above soil. But how I grow is way different than everyone else. I run a 12/12 schedule from start to finish. I don’t transplant.

I don’t test pH. I do have a TDS meter and I don’t even use it. I got the base reading of my tap water vs filtered water…same numbers aka around 264.

2 Likes

I’m using ro water at 4.5. I tested every watering ppm stayed over 3000 ppm majority of veg, started dropping right before flip. Again not saying it would hurt to start nutrients, just not sure if it is necessary.

1 Like

@JohnDoe97 What nutrient line do you have?

If it’s Fox Farms…here is the chart.

2 Likes

I have robert bergmans line of nutrients from his seed bank website which comes with a feeding chart. Its says 750 ppm for feeding once per week in veg. I think it needs to be fed because one of the other girls was showing a cal-mag deficiency. Fed her growtime mixed with cal-mag at around 500ppm and seems to like what I gave her. Will probably do the same with this one…maybe less nutes bc the signs aren’t as severe

1 Like

With you using R/O water, you have to add Cal-mg. Everyone seems to be on that page. I haven’t used Bergman’s Nutrients as I’m a FFOF soil and FF Nutrients grower only.

2 Likes

@JohnDoe97
@MrPeat and @Bulldognuts will get you where you need to be :v:

2 Likes

I don’t believe it will do any harm to follow feeding directions on your nutrients. Definitely should start cal-mag. It seems like you have a good handle on paying attention to what your plants are telling you. Everyone sort of gets dialed in on how they want to grow. @MrPeat grows monster plants. We have different grow methods but are both successful in how we want to grow. I always encourage people to start grow journal. If you do you’ll be able to ask questions and get advice from a lot of experienced people. All of your efforts will be documented in one location. Either way Good luck with your grow. And always ask if you’re not sure.

3 Likes

When adding cal-mag to the water would u suggest less in every watering or more in every other or something like that?..What works best for you

1 Like

I follow dosage as directed. I use Botanicare
Cal-mag plus. Calls for 1 teaspoon per gallon. Use it at every watering.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the advice I appreciate it

I use General Hydroponics Cal-mg myself. If I remember correctly it’s 1 teaspoon per gallon. :+1:

And I do grow monster plants. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@MrPeat. Are you running auto or photo at 12/12 start to finish?
If your running photo what are your yields like n how many plants does it take to fill a room?
Just wondering because I run a perpetual and I have a lot of extra seeds I was considering starting a smaller fast paced grow to pheno hunt and we’ll just not waste seeds😁. Just wasn’t sure if I would be mad at myself for attempting that with poor results. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

1 Like