Need More Veg Growth

Indoors: Basement - 4x4x80" & 2x4x60" tents
Pots: Grow bags, 3 or 5 gal., on risers w/saucers
Plants: 3 photos in 4x4/3 autos in 2x4
Medium: Coast of Maine Bar Harbour, organic potting soil
Fertz: Jacks 321
Lights: 4x4 = 2x Sonofarm 4000 - measured at a combined 792 watts, 49.5W/sq. foot - 75%
2x4 = 1x Sonofarm 4000 - measured at 398 watts, 49.8W/sq. foot - 75%
Cycle: 18 on/6 off
Distance: Currently 19 inches from canopy
RH = 30%
Temp: 78F - 82F lights on/67F - 75F dark
Humidifier: Have access, but not used yet - tried bucket w/towel in water
Exhaust: 4" in both, no filter, vented outdoors (neighbors really like the smell)
Fans: 1 tower/oscillating in 4x4/ 2 stationary in 2x4

OK, I am NOT getting the veg growth I want.
Have tried 5 weeks to 10 weeks.
Should I try lowering my lights and upping the intensity?
I begin the Jacks 321 after seedling stages are over, no nute burn or bad effects so far.

What else can I try???

A pic would help. Lots of methods for nice sized plants for the 8-10 week veg phase. Actually if you want them to stretch raise the light to make them grow up to it. If you cannot raise it, lower the intensity, again to make them go toward the light maryann. You can also scrog the crap outta her until the canopy is wall to wall and then go vertical by the aforementioned tips.

Another question is this an acceptable visual if it was yours at 8 weeks veg?

3 Likes

In my opinion if you can ramp up the humidity and get into the zone according to this chart then all other things being right you will see more of the growth youre looking for

3 Likes

I had a similar experience last fall. I had two plants that were healthy but not growing as much as the third plant in a different location. My temps were a little lower than your but RH was about the same. I added a humidifier to the space and they responded with better growth. I did not think humidity would make that much difference. But, it did. At least in my case.

I run a SF4000 over a 2x2 scrog frame

2 Likes

I agree, 30% RH is low for veg. I would get the VPD in veg range

2 Likes

Pretty much, how tall is it? I’m lookin for height, mine are stating short!

Big Shurl was 28" tall from soil to top of tallest cola at the 8 week mark when I transplanted. About 18" wide and 24" deep. I just transplanted on Sunday 10/23 and she exploded so she is bigger than that now. Don’t have current measurements.

1 Like

Very nice!!! That’s what i want.

I wanted more height this time so I’m using less light. It’s higher than last time and still notch 2/9 on a 350R three weeks in. I can tell by the increased node spacing that it’s working. Last time I was at 3/9 at this point and the nodes were ridiculously tight.

3 Likes

Me too on the dropping the intensity. My light is fixed at the top of my tent so when I want some vertical growth, I dial it down to 30 dli for a day or two and she reaches for it.

2 Likes

I would like to thank everyone for taking time to give me pointers. I was going the wrong way both in intensity and height during the veg period. For 3 weeks I followed these comments and have seen quite a jump in vertical growth! I like this reaction a bunch. I have just flipped to 12/12 and hope the stretch will be nice also.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

1 Like